Sainsbury's Christmas Ad - Right or Wrong ?

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I feel a bit confused by this ad and the message that Sainsbury's are sending out.

It is beautifully filmed portraying the truce during WW1, however, I have mixed feeling that the brand it using the war as a Christmas ad.

"Introducing our Christmas ad 'Christmas Is For Sharing', made in partnership with the Official Royal British Legion. It's inspired by the extraordinary story of 1914 Christmas truce.

Apparently they have duplicated UK's very first chocolate bar which is now on sale in their stores.

The chocolate bar that features will be available to buy in your local Sainsbury’s from tomorrow morning. It’s £1, and all profits will be donated to the Royal British Legion."

It's a difficult one...I thought it was well done, and is an important event in WW1..

Do you remember the Paul McCartney video 'Pipes of Peace'?

nice song.

It's a difficult one...I thought it was well done, and is an important event in WW1..

Do you remember the Paul McCartney video 'Pipes of Peace'?

nice song.

That is also my opinion as it is beautifully filmed.

Paul has a gorgeous voice indeed. I don't remember having seen this video before.

When I saw this video at the cinema (I don't have tele) I felt so warmed by it... and then 'wumph... Sainsbury's!'... it feels a bit wrong to tug on the heart strings like that to advertise a massive supermarket chain. I mean, it's clever, genius even, but Sainsbury's!!!