Music Sadly too late to save punk music

Dropkick

the best half of a great wit
Reaction score
Punk scientists discover fourth chord
24-03-15

punk4251.jpg

LEADING punk scientists have confirmed the existence of a fourth chord.

Punk scientists have been researching the possibility of an additional chord since the late 70s, but only in a haphazard DIY manner.

Researcher Mary Fisher at the **** Your Mum Punk Laboratory said: “One of our team was frantically strumming while buzzing on amphetamines and he just kind of came across it.

“If we had known about this chord forty years ago maybe we could have smashed the system.

“Still, it’s better to take a while than to be too technical because then you end up with prog rock.”

She added: “If there is a fourth then maybe there is a fifth or even a sixth, though sadly they will not be discovered in my lifetime.”

Punk scientists discover fourth chord

I remember when the guitar player for the Washington D.C. based punk-band, Dagnasty, included some 'hammer-ons / pull-offs' in some of their material. (A technique really made really famous by Eddie Van Halen). There was a fair amount of uproar about it. Fans were afraid he was 'getting too good' god forbid. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Second Summer
I remember many years ago having several people tell me they stopped listening to Siouxie and the Banshees because "her music was getting too 'commercial' " -by which they meant the playing was getting better.

I also remember a late night night gem called "Punk Rock Theatre" where the bands that normally headlined were lucky if they knew 2 chords. I'm not exaggerating, many of the bands sounded like they were making up the songs as they went and it was the first time any of them had played the instruments.
-I particularly remember a lead singer who held a rubber ducky up to the mike and squeaked it while screaming unintelligible lyrics while his accompanying musicians beat on their instruments with kitchen implements. It was like some kind of retarded performance art exhibition.

While I was more into metal at the time, I did like some punk (still do) but I never understood why anyone liked the above (or why they made a TV show of it).

Reactions: Second Summer