US Roger Ailes and post-election Trump

All of a sudden I'm hearing a lot about this Roger Ailes. I don't like what I'm hearing. My county legislature is considering making a deal with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This article is a worthwhile read for anyone interested in the making of Trump as a political figure and what he may do after the election: How Fox News Women Took Down Roger Ailes

I found this lengthy story a bit confusing, I'm afraid. I did not understand Murdoch's motivation for telling Aisles and the news staff to present Trump with tough questions.

Then came Donald Trump. Kelly’s feud with the GOP nominee was one of the dominant story lines of the presidential election; it also exploded the fragile balance of relationships at the top of Fox News.

According to Fox sources, Murdoch blamed Ailes for laying the groundwork for Trump’s candidacy. Ailes had given Trump, his longtime friend, a weekly call-in segment ...

Murdoch was not a fan of Trump’s and especially did not like his stance on immigration. (The antipathy was mutual: “Murdoch’s been very bad to me,” Trump told me in March.) A few days before the first GOP debate on Fox in August 2015, Murdoch called Ailes at home. “This has gone on long enough,” Murdoch said, according to a person briefed on the conversation. Murdoch told Ailes he wanted Fox’s debate moderators — Kelly, Bret Baier, and Chris Wallace — to hammer Trump on a variety of issues. Ailes, understanding the GOP electorate better than most at that point, likely thought it was a bad idea. “Donald Trump is going to be the Republican nominee,” Ailes told a colleague around this time. But he didn’t fight Murdoch on the debate directive.

So Murdoch basically shot his own network in the foot out of pique?

Another thing I kept thinking when I read this article: "Pretty on the outside/Ugly on the inside."

ETA: The Trump/Kelly video clip in this news story is priceless.

Trump responds to Megyn Kelly's questions on misogyny – with more misogyny

Last edited:
I found this lengthy story a bit confusing, I'm afraid. I did not understand Murdoch's motivation for telling Aisles and the news staff to present Trump with tough questions.

So Murdoch basically shot his own network in the foot out of pique?

I don't think that Murdoch anticipated negative consequences for his network.

BTW, Ailes has been one of Trump's inner circle of advisers ever since he was fired from Fox.

Yet somehow this has not been made an issue by the mainstream press. (There's also been very minimal coverage of Trump's campaign donation to the Florida attorney general at the time when she was considering joining (on behalf of Florida residents bilked by Trump) one of the Trump University class action lawsuits.)

BTW, Ailes has been one of Trump's inner circle of advisers ever since he was fired from Fox.

Yet somehow this has not been made an issue by the mainstream press. ...

That part I did understand. There is a high probability that Trump is preparing for a media career after the election.