Vegan Roasted Curried Potatoes & Onions

sallyomally

Forum Legend
Reaction score

• 2 3/4 pounds all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (2 pounds after peeling; see headnote)
  • 1 large sweet onion, ( Mayan, Maui or Vidalia), cut into 1-inch chunks
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon mild curry powder, or to taste
  • Salt
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Combine potatoes, onion and oil in a large mixing bowl; toss to coat evenly.Transfer to a large baking pan. Sprinkle the curry powder and salt to taste over the potatoes and onions, and toss again.
Roast for 20 minutes, then turn/toss the mixture so the potatoes will be nicely browned all over; roast for 10 to 20 minutes, until the potatoes and onion are tender (a total of 30 to 40 minutes).
Scatter the cilantro evenly over the potatoes; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Delicious with a side of steamed spinach. I would love to try this with sweet potatoes as well!

Reactions: Everleigh
I loved this<3! I reduced the recipe though.I made two large potatoes added half an onion,1 tablespoon olive oil,half a tablespoon curry powder and cooked them 50 minutes.I kept turning them so they wouldn't burn.They were really good!Thank you for posting sallyomally.

I loved this<3! I reduced the recipe though.I made two large potatoes added half an onion,1 tablespoon olive oil,half a tablespoon curry powder and cooked them 50 minutes.I kept turning them so they wouldn't burn.They were really good!Thank you for posting sallyomally.

They are tasty, aren't they? Glad you enjoyed the recipe.

Reactions: Everleigh