Software RIP Internet Explorer (1995-2015). We Knew Ye All Too Well

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
RIP

I really won't miss IE, as webdesigning will get so much easier to do without trying to get something to look good in IE. :p I never uses that browser to anything else than getting upset about how my pages looks in it, and trying to fix it. :p

time-breakdown-of-moder-web-design.png

Reactions: Calliegirl
Just say no to Microsoft. :)

I can't use Mac, as not all my programs are compatible with Mac... Only suits PC. :( (No Mac version at all).

Or I just give a damn **** in it, and write something like "IE sucks, use another browser to view the site proper". :p

IE has been a security vulnerability death trap for as long as most people can remember. I recall the Department of Homeland Security issuing warnings about using IE a few years back. Pretty embarrassing for the Microsoft camp I'd say. Not that I would use "Spartan" but it better be a re-write from the ground up, and they better ditch the proprietary Active X controls or it will be doomed to the same lackluster security that IE suffered.

Mikkel, while you may not be able to use the same software you use now on a Mac, there are great alternatives on systems like MacOS and Linux that are as good or better than their Windows counterparts.

Yes, I use Linux except at work, where Windows and everything Microsoft rules the day.

I know that for gaming a lot of people use Windows; my son games with Linux using Wine and some other things I have no idea about. :)

Yes, I use Linux except at work, where Windows and everything Microsoft rules the day.

I know that for gaming a lot of people use Windows; my son games with Linux using Wine and some other things I have no idea about. :)

Nice ledboots :) I started using Linux in 1996, for the longest time I wouldn't use Windows at all. I was Linux only up until about 2008. In the end it was the desire to play games that finally got me using Windows. Wine has progressed a lot since then it would seem :) I still very much prefer Linux on laptops, netbooks, etc. Linux just runs so much better on mobile hardware!

Reactions: ledboots
So glad i am a mac user and i use firefox and chrome and Safari on my macbook...... On the Sony laptop the pc laptop of my husbands , i use firefox and chrome.

Mikkel, while you may not be able to use the same software you use now on a Mac, there are great alternatives on systems like MacOS and Linux that are as good or better than their Windows counterparts.

It would mean I have to punch in data about 40 000 dogs again. :p I'm not sure I want to do that job. It has taken me quite many years to punch in all that data. :p

Reactions: ledboots
Last edited:
Oh, is that a Microsoft Access database? I think that can be converted to a similar database in OpenOffice or LibreOffice.

No. It's a program I bought 15 years ago. That is only in PC version. And I've never found any programs that good or similar.

Alright, I see. Out of curiousity, what's it called?

Breeders Assistant (Tenset that is creating it). But they obious have made a Mac version now too. :) Nice! :) It wasn't possible to do that a couple of years ago.

"Designed for Windows (but you can also run it on a Mac if you have 'Parallels' or similar)." But I don't know what the Parallels means? And how it will look in Mac. But perhaps I can get a Mac in the future then. :)

"Designed for Windows (but you can also run it on a Mac if you have 'Parallels' or similar)." But I don't know what the Parallels means? And how it will look in Mac. But perhaps I can get a Mac in the future then. :)
I have no experience with Parallels, but I assume it's this. So it's a "hardware emulation virtualization software".

(Also, I looked at Tenset's website, and it does say that Breeder's Assistant can "import and Export data in various formats." So it might be technically possible to migrate your data to another software, if you ever find one that is better.)