Recommended, vegan-friendly pubs etcetera in London?

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I'm approaching a life milestone when I've been in existence for a round number of years. A couple of my old mates from the old country are coming to London on a weekend to help me celebrate the occasion.

I'm looking for a suitable venue that offers vegan alcoholic beverages and snacks / light food in a relaxed atmosphere.

Any recommendations?

Also looking for a suitable restaurant, but I'm sure that will be much easier to find.

The Coach and Horses is a vegetarian pub - Norman's Coach and Horses Soho - London's First Vegetarian Pub. Good food, and reasonably priced for soho.

If you like real ale/craft brews, there are a couple of Brewdog pubs in London. Most of their beer is vegan, although the menu is different in each pub so I wouldn't be able to say for sure whether they have any vegan bar snacks. The one in Manchester does - and they have an amazing spicy seitan burger here too :drool: Beer can be a little on the pricey side, depending on what you're drinking.

Camden - Camden
Shoreditch - Shoreditch
Shepherd's Bush - Shepherd's Bush

There's also tibits near oxford road, which is a nice place to spend an afternoon - Home. More of a cafe-type-thing than a bar, but you can still get the drinks in there.

I know a load more which are just 'regular' pubs, but they require knowing for yourself which specific beers are vegan, and I'm not so sure on the deal with food/snacks for half of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Second Summer
I haven't been to central London for a few years but I really like Tibits and Mildreds restaurants. It's usually easier to get a table in Tibits.
Vegan Food & Restaurants - Vegan London

We always used to go to a restaurant and then go to Glasshouse stores in Soho as they do Sam Smith's beer.
Glasshouse Stores in Soho, London Pub Review and Details

Most pubs in London sell vegan drinks and you can just check Barnivore on your phone when you are there.:)

Molls, you know all about London's Vegan hotspots.:D

That one sounds really interesting! Do you know if it has good vegan booze options as well?

From what I remember, it does (I've only been twice, and the last time was over a year ago - don't often find myself in Soho, I tend to stick to Camden when I visit). Typical pub offerings, really - lots of brand names which are easily searchable on Barnivore. I was on cider (I think it was Stowford Press?), and the husband was drinking some sort of lager. You could always shoot them an email or a Facebook message to make sure :)

I'm approaching a life milestone when I've been in existence for a round number of years. A couple of my old mates from the old country are coming to London on a weekend to help me celebrate the occasion.

I'm looking for a suitable venue that offers vegan alcoholic beverages and snacks / light food in a relaxed atmosphere.

Any recommendations?

Also looking for a suitable restaurant, but I'm sure that will be much easier to find.
Happy early 30th birthday, IS!

I'm a bit surprised Coach and Horses appears to be the only (?) veg*n pub in London!

I just saw this one, The Smithfield Tavern, it's apparently the sister pub to Coach and Horses. It says it has some vegan options.

Home

Food

I have heard not very good reviews of the Coach and Horses, although (helpfully) I can't really remember what the criticism was.

You should be okay in most pubs really but if you were with omni friends I would be more concerned about the food you were eating. When I've taken omni people to veg/vegan restaurants or cafes I always try to go to places that I know serve delicious vegan food.:)

Happy early 30th birthday, IS!
Thanks - yes, something like that :)
Just stick to the German beer :D
That's what I usually do, and prefer :)
I just saw this one, The Smithfield Tavern, it's apparently the sister pub to Coach and Horses. It says it has some vegan options.
Ah, thanks! Seems not as good regarding vegan options, though.
I have heard not very good reviews of the Coach and Horses, although (helpfully) I can't really remember what the criticism was.
Let me know if you can remember :)
You should be okay in most pubs really but if you were with omni friends I would be more concerned about the food you were eating. When I've taken omni people to veg/vegan restaurants or cafes I always try to go to places that I know serve delicious vegan food.:)
Yes, they're omnis the lot of them! Apparently, it's a whole delegation now, with wives and girlfriends. So I need to up my game. They're going to see Mouse Trap (!) and then it's my birthday and presumably shopping and sightseeing.

Yes, they're omnis the lot of them! Apparently, it's a whole delegation now, with wives and girlfriends. So I need to up my game. They're going to see Mouse Trap (!) and then it's my birthday and presumably shopping and sightseeing.

I saw it and enjoyed it immensely. It's the longest running show in the world. It's been running since the 50's!

Last edited:
When we were in London in 1976, we were given a choice between The Mousetrap and Equus. I was an Agatha Christie fan and wanted to see the former. I was outvoted so we saw Equus. It was okay but I didn't really enjoy it that much.

Is - do not ask them to reveal the end of the play as they won't be able to do so. ;)

The play is also known for its twist ending, which the audience are traditionally asked not to reveal after leaving the theatre.

It is really is highly amusing when the entire audience has to swear not to reveal the end. We all ended up laughing out loud.

Reactions: ledboots
I have now reached the age where I like it when people say they are older than me, and I get traumatised when they say they are much younger.......

Is - do not ask them to reveal the end of the play as they won't be able to do so. ;)

The play is also known for its twist ending, which the audience are traditionally asked not to reveal after leaving the theatre.

Yes, I've read about the play very briefly, and I did notice the part about the secret ending. I thought the play (or anyplay) sounded a bit out of character for my friends, but then I learnt that they were bringing their significant others, so then it makes more sense :)
I have now reached the age where I like it when people say they are older than me, and I get traumatised when they say they are much younger.......
"Age is just a number, blah blah" I certainly feel (slightly) younger than this number.

Now there is a risk of a tube strike tomorrow evening! Typical. @Moll Flanders , you need to tell your husband to call off the strike!

Considering all the drinking I've planned, how am I supposed to find my way back to Paddington on presumably over-crowded London buses??!

Last edited: