Reasons to go vegan

Ok, I'll start.
1) Vegans don't kill anyone.
2) Vegans are healthy.
3) Vegans are more developed spiritually. We are kinder and more sensible.
4) Vegans don't spend a fortune for fur and meat.
5) Vegans have less influense on nature. I mean less pollution, because we care about nature.

I started veganism recently and my order of reasoning is;
Ethics,
environment,
health.

My question is whether veganism is influenced by religions in some people? Ok for me its NO

My question is whether veganism is influenced by religions in some people? Ok for me its NO
Some Jains are vegans, presumably at least partly for religious reasons. The same is true for some Seventh Day Adventists. And also those Kingdom of Ya people or whatever they're called.

Last edited:
Why Not?
  • Animals Want to Live; They Love Life and Fear Death. ...
  • The Egg and Dairy Industries Also Cause Immense Suffering and Death. ...
  • Science Confirms: We Have No Need to Consume Animal Products. ...
  • Animal Agriculture's War on Wildlife. ...
  • Animal Agriculture's Impact on World Hunger. ...
  • Animal Agriculture's Impact on Climate and Environment.
It's essential for every aspect of life on earth. We are by all definitions, a virus on this plant when we consume a heavy meat intake diet. The reason is, we must!

Reactions: Grayveggie
Why Not?
It's essential for every aspect of life on earth. We are by all definitions, a virus on this plant when we consume a heavy meat intake diet. The reason is, we must!
I agree with this and I am starting to feel better as I am slowly getting back on track .

I started veganism recently and my order of reasoning is;
Ethics,
environment,
health.

I am Catholic and while veganism isn't a "Catholic" thing, religion did play a factor for me. I believe when we leave this earth we won't be dining on flesh at all, so why not start now? Compassion is a huge part of any Christian religion (or it should be) and there's no better way to become more compassionate (IMHO) than showing love for animals.

Why Not?

I fully agree. The Dairy industry is one of the worst on the planet and I believe that since we have a choice (we don't eat for survival) we should make an informed choice. This lead me to veganism.

Here are my reasons for becoming a vegan

• My own health, longevity and energy – My wife and I don’t have children yet, but when we do, I want to know that I am doing everything I can to be around as long as possible for them and their babies.
  • To be an example – Whether it’s to other family members, my future children, friends or complete strangers, I have always felt a calling to be an example in some way, shape or form. I don’t know that I have ever been an example to anybody else, but maybe with going vegan, I will help to change someone’s life for the better.
  • I want to be more eco-friendlyWaste Not, Want Not is one of the things I am trying very hard to practice and going vegan is far more eco-friendly than eating meat, fish, dairy or anything from an animal. It’s not just about packaging, but also about many other things. Watch Cowspiracy for a better look at how going vegan can help to save our planet.
  • It will be cheaper – Saving money is also important and eating vegan will help save on the grocery bill, (kale is cheaper than grass-fed beef) health bills and probably other bills I am not even thinking about.
  • Become more productive – I hate that I wear out so quickly every single day and that I wake up tired often. Many vegans have reported sleeping better and feeling more energized.
  • It’s my duty and responsibility – I don’t take awareness lightly and when I feel God is trying to get through to me, I try my hardest to listen. It’s not a mistake that everything I have been watching and reading has been all about a plant-based diet lately. It’s no coincidence and the awareness I now have has made becoming a vegan my duty and responsibility.
  • Animals shouldn’t be treated so poorlyThe Oprah episode we watched had one of her staff members go to the leading producer of beef in the United States. It shows how they fatten up the cows and walk them to their death. For 200 days the cows are in a very small area and their entire job is to eat as they are prepared to be slaughtered. The lady from the company rationalized how this is humane, but it’s not at all. Would you want to be force fed far more than you need for 200 days and then calmly walked to your death? It’s not okay and this is supposed to be a better way compared to the way they used to do it.
  • I cannot support big food companies anymore – Did you know that we feed the animals we grow for food enough food that we could feed every single person on this entire planet and billions more? Companies like CP Group, Cargill, Purina Animal Nutrition, Tyson Foods and many more grow enough food to feed the entire world, and they feed it to animals to slaughter them and feed just the top 10% or so of humans on this planet. How does that make any sense whatsoever?

Reactions: Brian W and Tom L.
I became vegan 15 years ago because I knew that it was the only way I was going to be able to live with myself. When I finally accepted the responsibility for what I was consuming, I had to change.

I like that veganism tends to be more healthy; I like that it tends to be more eco-friendly; and I like that it may even be more spiritually truthful for many people - but for me, those are just nice bonuses. I choose to be vegan because I can no longer carelessly contribute to the horror and cruelty innate in animal agriculture.

I have often said that going vegan was the most fulfilling thing I've ever done. Living your values is truly powerful and makes a powerful statement to the rest of the world.

I became vegan 15 years ago because I knew that it was the only way I was going to be able to live with myself. When I finally accepted the responsibility for what I was consuming, I had to change.

I like that veganism tends to be more healthy; I like that it tends to be more eco-friendly; and I like that it may even be more spiritually truthful for many people - but for me, those are just nice bonuses. I choose to be vegan because I can no longer carelessly contribute to the horror and cruelty innate in animal agriculture.

I have often said that going vegan was the most fulfilling thing I've ever done. Living your values is truly powerful and makes a powerful statement to the rest of the world.

That is beautifully said.;)

I am Catholic and while veganism isn't a "Catholic" thing, religion did play a factor for me. I believe when we leave this earth we won't be dining on flesh at all, so why not start now?

I'm happy to hear that, but unfortunately my own, biased view of Catholics (heck, I was one of them too, for the first 12 years of my life) would go more in that direction ....

cloud.jpg

I am genuinely happy about every single Christian who takes "Thou shalt not kill" seriously!!! :jump:

Ok, I'll start.
1) Vegans don't kill anyone.
2) Vegans are healthy.
3) Vegans are more developed spiritually. We are kinder and more sensible.
4) Vegans don't spend a fortune for fur and meat.
5) Vegans have less influense on nature. I mean less pollution, because we care about nature.
you are exactly right

Here is the why you should go with vegan food.
Vegan Food contains antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins that is really helpful for assisting you to overcome oxidative stress.
Vegan food could improve your sleeping pattern.
It can make you more efficient and energized
It is used to treat mental illness.
It is can save you from heart diseases, cancer and diabetes.