Reasons Not to Date Non-Vegans

Forest Nymph

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
There are some seriously messed up people on this planet. The guy has nothing to gain by secretly feeding her dairy, nor does he have anything to lose if she refrains. It's all some sick action that has no explainable reasoning behind it.

It reminds me of a time years ago in the workplace, where a few people thought they would be oh-so-clever and pull a hilarious 'trick' on a Muslim colleague (who I also considered a good friend outside of work) by misleading him as to the ingredients of pepperoni (stating it was beef, and not pork). This ended up happening time and time again, until I found out (after noticing my friend eating a slice pepperoni pizza one lunchtime) and WENT BALLISTIC at this disgusting, disrespectful and childish plot. Again, these people had nothing to gain by him eating pork, and nothing to lose by him refraining.

Is it any different though, to a Vegan slipping meatless product into a meat eaters meal? I would say yes, it is different. Nobody commits to a 'all meat' diet, and they still eat fruit and vegetables. There is no compromising of a person's life choices and philosophy by doing so, but the same cannot be said for the reverse.

A BF I had for quite a while basically ghosted me a few months ago, which is fine by me since he started making snide comments about me being vegan, and vegans in general. Which is super stupid since we rarely, if ever, ate out anywhere, and the only non-vegan thing we ate together was eggs on a rare occasion, or cheese. Whatever, dude - I don't need that kind of negativity in my life, LOL (and ironically, it was more immediately after I quit drinking. Go figure.). Bye Felicia! (I have no idea where that came from but it seems to fit.) ;)

Last edited:
A BF I had for quite a while basically ghosted me a few months ago, which is fine by me since he started making snide comments about me being vegan, and vegans in general. Which is super stupid since we rarely, if ever, ate out anywhere, and I the only non-vegan thing we ate together was eggs on a rare occasion, or cheese. Whatever, dude - I don't need that kind of negativity in my life, LOL (and ironically, it was more immediately after I quit drinking. Go figure.). Bye Felicia! (I have no idea where that came from but it seems to fit.) ;)
Life is too short to be dating an a-hole.

At least that's what my ex-partners say :):):)

There are some seriously messed up people on this planet. The guy has nothing to gain by secretly feeding her dairy, nor does he have anything to lose if she refrains. It's all some sick action that has no explainable reasoning behind it.

It reminds me of a time years ago in the workplace, where a few people thought they would be oh-so-clever and pull a hilarious 'trick' on a Muslim colleague (who I also considered a good friend outside of work) by misleading him as to the ingredients of pepperoni (stating it was beef, and not pork). This ended up happening time and time again, until I found out (after noticing my friend eating a slice pepperoni pizza one lunchtime) and WENT BALLISTIC at this disgusting, disrespectful and childish plot. Again, these people had nothing to gain by him eating pork, and nothing to lose by him refraining.

Is it any different though, to a Vegan slipping meatless product into a meat eaters meal? I would say yes, it is different. Nobody commits to a 'all meat' diet, and they still eat fruit and vegetables. There is no compromising of a person's life choices and philosophy by doing so, but the same cannot be said for the reverse.

I thought it was really creepy that he said he did it for her own good (????) to "prove" she could "eat whatever she wants." Well of course she can eat whatever she wants, she could smoke crack if she wanted, but it doesn't meant it's for her "own good." Or anyone else's.

He seemed to be motivated by not always liking the food she prepared for him, and the example he cited as a preference was "macaroni and cheese with cut up hot dogs" ...um okay, most children in middle school can prepare a box of macaroni and cheese and a gross processed hot dog, so why can't you, a grown man, cook it for yourself, asshat? Furthermore, there's Daiya vegan mac n cheeze and vegan hot dogs if he really insists on "needing" this comfort food.

He just sounds like a bad man all around, like his character in general sounds terrible, aside from not being vegan.

I think if I was with someone for that long and they hadn't at least given up meat I wouldn't move in with them. She must be desperate.

Reactions: Rebecca68
One thing to bear in mind of course, is that it could be a troll post. I'm not very familiar with Reddit, but having found the post, I don't seem to be able to find any other contributions by that author. So for all we know it's a troll, a false flag, or even some mentally unhinged vegan attempting to manipulate a specific narrative. There are no shortage of nutcase on both sides of the fence. Sadly, this happens very often (the interference on Facebook in the lead up US election by Russian 'bad actors' is an attestment to how much sophisticated, highly effective manipulation can occur).

The more I think about this, the more ridiculous it sounds. I'm only suspending disbelief for the moment, because of my own aforementioned real life experience with people and 'malicious food pollutants'.

If the story is true:

I hope she broke up with him. This level of disrespect is a huge red flag.

That being said, it sounds a little contrived to me. Anyone can create an account to post on reddit and have it
repeated as click bait for a vegan site looking for views.

"He, in her unknown, had been swapping her vegan milk container with dairy milk, for the past two months."

I find it hard to believe she didn't know. 2 months? Milk stinks in the human body. Just like
it stinks when it goes off. It's a distinctive smell, too. Before I went vegan I was a very
light consumer of dairy in general (a little in my coffee and that's it) and I noticed a difference in smell
giving it up. Now maybe the commercial plant milks of today taste different (I always make mine now),
but I always could also taste the difference between cow milk and almond/soy/oat milks as well.

"raisedvegan" website has a wayback history starting end of 2017, start of 2018. So, new website.

Yes, then there's that (post above)

How could she not have picked up on the replacement milk, by taste? I'm experimenting with different plant milks at present and even small additions in coffee exhibit VERY obvious flavour profile changes.

The taste of milk and vegan milks is more obvious to new vegans who are used to the flavor of dairy so are pickier about non dairy milks, the lack of saturated fat jumps out right away.

He said it was a coffee creamer not a regular plant based milk. Those contain more saturated fat, possibly oil, definitely more flavorings, it would be easy to disguise.

What if he did create a second account to make his gross confession. People make anonymous accounts to be honest all the time. Could be a regular poster with a dummy account to admit what he did to his partner, lest she dump him or he felt so guilty.

I don't find the story implausible at all. People spit on fast food burgers at cheap drive thrus, there's been a case of Dominoes employees ejaculating on a delivery pizza, and there was an actual case of a RESTAURANT last year putting animal products in a vegan meal, and the person only got caught because they bragged in a Facebook community, and they got shut down basically.

There are definitely people out there angry at vegans. I met a guy last summer bitter at any homeless people who would turn down meat, and just random idiots who think vegans have it coming, somehow, like they deserve eggs in their cake or to have their milk switched.

I've read articles where people actually call parents assholes for raising their children vegan. As if a Jewish parent wouldn't feed their children under kashrut law, or any American would freak out if the babysitter served their offspring hot roasted cat flesh with a pickled dog tongue appetizer.

People do have nasty hurtful attitudes towards vegans, and sometimes young women date men who aren't good for them, because society says you should be happy to have any man who loves you, even in this day and age. I know my partner from my twenties had a serious problem with the idea of my going vegan when I was vegetarian, and his mother mocked my eating habits even as a vegetarian, like she thought I was pretentious for not eating ham sandwiches and eating bagels instead, or for wanting an actual meal and not a can of Chef Boyardee. This stupid guys comments about macaroni and cheese with hot dogs reminds me of my exes mom.

This always has been an underlying fear of mine. I know my family or some of my brothers might try something like this to me, so I am constantly careful when I visit relatives and make sure to bring my own food to make sure. Their favorite jokes are about adding stuff to my food when I'm not looking. So I know for me with a relationship I would really need to be with someone who was supportive of my lifestyle choices and who I could trust 100%. This guy has no respect for her, it is appalling.

Well, there really isn't any reasons to not to date non-vegans, if you ask me.

Vegans and omnivores can both be toxic, mislead and insane.
I don't know if Gaahl, the former singer from Gorgoroth, is actually vegetarian, but I have read something like that... And he has also been in prison for torturing a human...

There is a reason to not to date toxic people... Of course it isn't always obvious, you can date a person for years before it becomes evident, and by then you have already been manipulated into forgiving, or at least into trying to forget everything that happens. So in other words, I'm by no means, victim blaming. Just saying, how it should be in a perfect world.

But anyway... the boyfriend who secretly fed dairy to his girlfriend was ingredibly disrespectful.
I have no idea what went on in his mind, and don't want to know... To break her trust, and her boundaries like that. Despicable, infuriating, and childish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being vegan is what is in your heart not your tummy. She did not choose to put animals in her body.