TV & Film Reality shows that won't end

rainforests1

Forum Legend
Reaction score
American Idol and especially Survivor come to mind. How long do you watch reality shows for before it becomes very predictable and boring since they are very repetitive?

A few episodes? :p

I don't like reality shows. They're all so fake and annoying. I have been watching "the voice" sometimes (first season I've tuned it) but just for the singing.. I don't believe it's really "real"

Usually two or three seasons, and I'll sometimes come back to it after a few years if it's still on. I watched the first two seasons of the Amazing Race but then got bored, and now years later, it's in a time slot with nothing better on, so I started watching it again.
I think I watched the first three seasons of American Idol before becoming bored with it. I tried to watch it again last year, but it was too boring to catch my interest anymore. I catch an episode of Dancing with the Stars maybe once a season.
Almost forgot...I watch Hell's Kitchen every other season or every few years usually.

Hmmm... I never thought of "American Idol" as a reality show. I always considered it, along with "America's Got Talent" or "The Voice", to be more of a talent show.

A long time ago, some channel had a Beauty and the Geek marathon. I caught the first episode (of whatever season) while channel surfing, and watched the majority of that season until I fell asleep. I don't like reality television, but a lot of people do, and it's cheap to produce.

When I was much younger, I watched The Real World: San Francisco religiously. I then watched The Real World: London, Hawaii, and Road Rules season 1.