Read through other posts on Water Fasting

Sproutskies

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Doing a 3-day water fast to dip my toes into the whole cell regeneration/autophagy benefits.
At the end of day 1. Pretending my water right now is something that tastes good.

Have any of you tried this amount of time or the more hardcore 16+ day water fasts? Any major health benefits you noticed?

Have any of you tried this amount of time or the more hardcore 16+ day water fasts? Any major health benefits you noticed?

I did 10 days once. To be honest, I really didn't find it as difficult as I expected. As for the benefits, I didn't see many, except I lost a fair bit of weight during the fast, which I was trying to do. I think you will find some pros and cons to the fast. If you drink as much water was you should, that alone can be inconvenient at times, if you know what I mean.

I did 10 days once. To be honest, I really didn't find it as difficult as I expected. As for the benefits, I didn't see many, except I lost a fair bit of weight during the fast, which I was trying to do. I think you will find some pros and cons to the fast. If you drink as much water was you should, that alone can be inconvenient at times, if you know what I mean.

Maybe you're less addicted to food.. it's been less than a day and I can't sleep/stuck in a thought loop of pasta and carbs floating around my brain biscuits.

A friend of mine said they got great results from the 3-Day Energy Fast.

she lent me the book and I tried it, too.

first off, the title of the book is really misleading. Its not really a fast and its not 3-days either.
Maybe it was the marketing department that named the book.

It was also very much a conglomerate of untested and un-validated ideas. I got the feeling the author just included everything she could think of and hoped that at least one of the ideas would benefit someone.

But according to my friend and dozens of Amazon Reviewers its a good thing to do.

It didn't do much for me. But it was interesting to try. and a learning experience.

Reactions: Sproutskies
For me when I did 10 days I found the first 3 days the hardest. My cravings and hunger pangs seems much less after the second and third days.

It still takes a will to do it. I realize you are much younger than me, but there are also dangers to water fasting. Certain medical conditions, like kidney disease, high blood pressure, or diabetes, for example, could be exacerbated by water fasting. It would be well advised to consult a doctor before starting this fast.

Also, just be aware after several days of just drinking water, your equilibrium could be affected, hence making driving dangerous. There are many things to consider. Be safe!

Although I can't recommend the 3-Day Energy Fast highly, I think it is a better route than a water fast.
For first time users, there is a 3 day transition stage at the beginning and a 3 day transition stage at the end. Although vegans can probably reduce both of those by a day or two.

After you've done it once the author says you can do it over a long weekend.

Also if I remember right, she warns you off doing anything strenuous or even going to work during the fast.

During the 3-day fast its just a liquid diet. If I remember it right its fruit juice in the morning, vegetable juice in the afternoon and vegetable broth for dinner.

You might even be able to find the book at the library. Or buy one of the used ones at Amazon.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sproutskies
The hardest part is staying put since I enjoy being very active. Went to the rock gym for day one and rode my bike a few miles/nothing too crazy. More aware today that it would be dangerous to ride my bike on the road and or do to strenuous bouldering. I think by now on day 2 I've accelerated getting to ketosis by moving and being active somewhat.

Also not doing what traditional fasters would call a water fast. Since it's my first one I don't care if drinking coffee in the morning impacts the detox so much since it's so little caffeine + squirting 0 cal mustard in my mouth to prevent from caving into real food since my cravings are so intense here on day 2.

Besides a business meeting tomorrow/can rest most of the last day/don't drive at all so that's a +. Mostly in it for the Autophagy and anti-allergy benefits people report. If doing it again in the future I'll make sure that there is some better planning and that I have some time off to do it justice.. maybe even check-in to one of those centers where they can measure your electrolytes and make sure you're doing it safely.

Also told myself that I can do celery juice if I really have a strong craving and need something to replenish some minerals. 3 days is prob not enough to cause any major depletion of anything since I consume lots of micro-nutrients.

Maybe the juice fast is more practical for me. This is really great right now since I've been addicted to food/taste for my entire life. Thanks for the insight.

I just found my copy of the 3-day Energy Fast

There is a lot more to it than food but here are a couple of recipes

Morning Drink
1/2 pineapple
1 mango
4-8 strawberries
2 tbsp flaxseed oil
1 tbsp acidophilus
2 cups water
1 cup mango or papaya juice
Blend
dilute as necessary.

Lunch Juice
Juice 1/2 head of cabbage, 3 stalks celery, handful of parsley, handful of kale, handful of spinach , one peeled cucumber, one apple.

Dinner soup is just a broth made from a bunch of veggies. you save out the veggies for after your fast is over. You get to have as much broth as you want for dinner.

There are other recipes in the book so you don't get bored. Even some ideas for snacks and desserts.

I also remember that when I went to the store to get a weeks worth of food for the "fast" it was surprisingly expensive.

^^^ will come in handy for the next one.

Just finished and I regret not doing some more planning and making the schedule more busy to avoid all of the hunger pangs. Had inadvertently not had food from the night before and decided to jump into it on a whim. Although I made it through, not smart to just go straight into the suffering without knowing what to expect. The hunger didn't stop until close to now on the third day which I assume is because of ketosis.

I stumbled upon the concept of water fasting a few months ago and decided to give it a try. Little did I know that it would become a transformative experience. Throughout my water fasting journey, I discovered newfound mental clarity, increased energy levels, and a deep sense of connection with my body. The support and guidance from this 30-Day Fast Weight Loss: Can You Fast Your Way To Fat Loss? article have been invaluable in helping me navigate the challenges and reap the benefits of water fasting. I'm grateful for this community and excited to continue exploring the incredible potential of fasting for overall well-being.