Raw food dinners

Mikkel

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Anyone have some suggestion for what for dinner when eating raw? Except sallads. :p I'm going to try to go a bit more raw, to see if my body handle food a bit better then. No plans of getting fully raw, but limiting things like getting my food "poisened" by dirty microwaves at work and such things too. Snacking on fruits and vegetable only during my night isn't enough, I want to have a lunch too. So wondering to stay fully raw at work.

So any good suggestions?

Anyone have some suggestion for what for dinner when eating raw? Except sallads.[emoji14]I'm going to try to go a bit more raw, to see if my body handle food a bit better then. No plans of getting fully raw, but limiting things like getting my food "poisened" by dirty microwaves at work and such things too. Snacking on fruits and vegetable only during my night isn't enough, I want to have a lunch too. So wondering to stay fully raw at work.

So any good suggestions?
What are your restrictions? Gluten, nuts, is that right?

This is really good, and I think would be fine made before and refrigerated. If avocado is ok with you?
Raw Zucchini Pasta with Creamy Avocado-Cucumber Sauce [Vegan]

7c0d0be2e321b4952fc9cff657c03007.jpg

Reactions: Mikkel
That does look good! Want!

I love zucchini spaghetti. If you can make a nut-free vegan pesto, that would be really good mixed with the zucchini spaghetti, and you could top it with a nice salad (no greens, except basil ;) ) of tomatoes, red onions and cut-up fresh basil with olive oil and red-wine vinegar. This also can be made ahead and refrigerated and eaten cold. Or, you could just have the pesto with the zucchini spaghetti.

Another good raw meal could be whatever you like for sandwich fillings but instead of bread, you use lettuce and make wraps out of them.

How about fruit smoothies? I'm not sure how well they would carry to work, but maybe you could put them in a Thermos and then shake them up when you are ready to have them.

Reactions: ledboots
Smoothies doesn't keep the taste during the night (I eat after about 6 houers into the night, so it has to stay in the bottle for 8 houers...). The only one I had tasting good, was one with youghurt (when I was vegetarian and still could eat milk...). But I wonder to buy me a small smoothie mixer to have on work. It's not so expencive after all (I don't need a blender like the one I have home, I can defrost everything I take to work).

But thanks. The wraps sounds delicious in fact! :D I have to make those one day. :)

I think I have to do some research on this. Starting to read the 80/10/10 diet book later today, and have a bit contact with one that is fully raw.

Reactions: PTree15
Smoothies doesn't keep the taste during the night (I eat after about 6 houers into the night, so it has to stay in the bottle for 8 houers...). The only one I had tasting good, was one with youghurt (when I was vegetarian and still could eat milk...). But I wonder to buy me a small smoothie mixer to have on work. It's not so expencive after all (I don't need a blender like the one I have home, I can defrost everything I take to work).

But thanks. The wraps sounds delicious in fact! :D I have to make those one day. :)

I think I have to do some research on this. Starting to read the 80/10/10 diet book later today, and have a bit contact with one that is fully raw.

I don' t know whether you can buy those insulated mugs in Norway. I have quite a few of them and they keep drinks either hot or cold when you're on the go.

I don' t know whether you can buy those insulated mugs in Norway. I have quite a few of them and they keep drinks either hot or cold when you're on the go.

I can keep it cold (we also have a fridge til our food at work), but I always thinks it taste strange after a while... (most of the year, I can keep my food outside, and it will still be cold :p ). Perhaps it's because of what I put in it, but several haven't been drinkable after some houers because of the taste.

Gluten, all kind of nuts (I can eat coconut), raspberries, sprouts.

All kind of beans like kidney, pinto, mung etc, yeast, soy.
These are the goods you can't eat?

I just bought this:

8d4c4b8c5a40d965e906d0bd9c34c622.jpg

I'll go through it and see if anything sounds good.
I'm really not a fan of most raw recipes. I purchased the book to support the author who used to work with a friend of mine. And to support the vegan cause. [emoji4]

Maybe I can the mail the book to you when I'm done going through it.

My favorite breakfast during the warm months is rolled oats- not cooked, just with water on them- and whatever fruit I have on hand to cut up and mix in it. Actually, although it's not warm here yet, I've already started making this each day. Sometimes I just eat the fruit at the same tome as the oats without cutting it up and mixing it in, and with small fruit like grapes or berries, I don't have to cut them up anyway. If water bores you, I guess you could use juice.

Here's the thing: I usually get the quick-cooking oats for this because they're not quite so chewy. But someone on VB in the raw forum once told me that they're not raw, even if I don't boil them. I don't know if this is an issue for you.

EDITED TO ADD: I see that you were asking about dinner suggestions, but one of my odd habits is eating breakfast foods (such as oatmeal muesli) for dinner and dinner-like foods (such as rice with vegetables and lentils) for breakfast! I don't do that ALL the time, but I do it often enough.

Reactions: KLS52 and ledboots
I've done collard wraps with shredded raw sweet potato or finely chopped jicama, broccoli sprouts (they tend to be spicy), clementine slices, avocado, even minced ginger root. And though not technically raw, I like to add dates or raisins to this too.

Another one is a salad made up of baby spinach, raw chopped beets, beet leaves (very salty), sprouted quinoa, and fresh cranberries. You could even blend the cranberries into a juice/pulp and add it as a sauce over this salad. Orange slices would add zest to this as well.

Another one is a bowl of raw corn kernals, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil.

I also like soaked raw buckwheat groats with fresh or frozen thawed blueberries, cinnamon, and almonds (you could leave out the almonds and it would still be good).

I often make my own flax milk with just flaxseeds, dates, and water. I have a glass bottle I bring to work sometimes with plant milks for a snack. Sometimes I even add vegan D liquid drops and calcium powder to this.

As a side note, I have a friend from a local vegan Meetup group and she eats eight bananas every day for lunch. I'd find that hard to do but she says she never tires of bananas. Now, banana ice cream might work for me lol.

Reactions: KLS52 and ledboots