Range of Vegans.

Bluerice

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
While we all have the basic concept of Veganism over us... It seems like most Vegans, have little to nothing in common.

With this beginning point, being someone of extremely weird personality, renders me incapable of really finding someone to engage in any form of relationship with.

How can one find a pond of sweat water in the middle of the salty ocean?

Let alone...

Why no one is working upon making a Vegan-based culture?
It's like "I'm Vegan!" "Me too!"... Ends there, sort of.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

What do you specifically mean when you write 'extremely weird personality' ?

Gab

Not sure where you live in the world, but in the U.S. there are tons of vegan meetup groups around the country. I belong to one in my city. We come from a variety of backgrounds, careers, education, experience, age, etc but we get along quite well and have a blast sharing vegan food, having discussions about ethics, gardening, movies etc. It isn't always doom and gloom and activism. Vegans can have fun too! Social vegan meetup groups are awesome! Just go to Meetup.com and type in your city or a surrounding city and see what you can find. Or start your own vegan group through Meetup or advertise in the newspaper (or local online).

Also, if you have a vegan related T shirt or bag, sometimes that attracts other vegans.

You will find vegans when you go out and do some animal rights activism too, such as leafleting or tabling at a college, or protesting at a fast food joint or whatever. I know a local artist who showcases vegan related themes in her artwork at a local gallery, and it garners a lot of discussion. Lots of ways to find others and find a common thread.

I'm finding it difficult to transition into real life friendships with vegans too. In general I'm shy around strangers so it makes it twice as hard. As mentioned above, being online means you can scope out meetup scenes and things any type of person can relate to. Don't worry about being weird, trust me...there's way more of us than you think. The regular people are usually just wearing a mask to feel normal anyway!

Reactions: Naturebound
I'm finding it difficult to transition into real life friendships with vegans too. In general I'm shy around strangers so it makes it twice as hard. As mentioned above, being online means you can scope out meetup scenes and things any type of person can relate to. Don't worry about being weird, trust me...there's way more of us than you think. The regular people are usually just wearing a mask to feel normal anyway!
I love your user name! :)

I am very shy in real life also, and an introvert to the extreme. In a way I am glad the meetup group I go to is relatively small. There are 83 members, but only five or six at a time really show up to events. I have really gotten to know the "regulars" and have formed a tight knit group. though we always welcome newcomers with open arms. I am so much better at one on one or just a very small group than I am with a large gathering. I get a bit overwhelmed when it gets to be more than five or six people. I have a feeling I am not the only one. ;)

I love your user name! :)

I am very shy in real life also, and an introvert to the extreme. In a way I am glad the meetup group I go to is relatively small. There are 83 members, but only five or six at a time really show up to events. I have really gotten to know the "regulars" and have formed a tight knit group. though we always welcome newcomers with open arms. I am so much better at one on one or just a very small group than I am with a large gathering. I get a bit overwhelmed when it gets to be more than five or six people. I have a feeling I am not the only one. ;)

You're still way ahead of me! I don't have the guts yet to do a real-life meetup group. My wife has been looking into them so it would help to have her with me, but (unless I'm drinking), I have terrible social anxiety! Agreed on the smaller group....although in large ones I can always run away without being noticed! lol