Random thoughts about Veg*nism, and wotnot.

Blobbenstein

Reaction score
I had a thought(well it's an old thought) about veggyism and wondered where to put it, and I thought it was funny that there was no where to talk randomly about veg*n issues.

My (old) thought was that I wonder if some people eat meat because they are afraid of dying. That eating meat forms part of their denial about their fears in this regard.

ETA: oh, random thoughts, AND discussion.

Well, just as we veg*ans have a lot of different reasons for not eating meat, omnis have a lot of different reasons why they DO eat meat. So I'm sure you may be right about that. Maybe some omnis eat meat because they think it makes them immortal. :p

yes, maybe they are trying to prove to themselves that they are superior(to animals) and will be guaranteed some form of non ending life, while animals go to oblivion.

And I think they also eat meat to prove that they're superior to us veg*ans because they think it will make them strong and mighty, like a superhero or something, while we puny, weak veg*ans continue with our rabbit food and die from malnourishment. Seriously, that's considered a valid omni argument. :rolleyes:

Most veggies and vegans probably view the environmental argument in favour of becoming veg*an as an irritating add on given their propensity and liking to be just as uncaring and polluting as the general population, certainly in regards to their personal transport.

I had a thought(well it's an old thought) about veggyism and wondered where to put it, and I thought it was funny that there was no where to talk randomly about veg*n issues.

My (old) thought was that I wonder if some people eat meat because they are afraid of dying. That eating meat forms part of their denial about their fears in this regard.

ETA: oh, random thoughts, AND discussion.

There may be some truth in this. I was taking some civilian training classes through the fire department, and the fire fighters teaching the classes told us that after a particularly bad fire where someone has died, they will usually go out and eat a large steak. I think the subject had been brought up because they told us it smells like pork when someone burns up in a fire, and we asked if they avoided meat after smelling that.

I've been thinking about paths to change recently. I was thinking maybe it would be good to think in terms of paths, like if person A was to end up as an animal rights vegan, what path, or paths might take them there.

If someone like Bill Oreilly was to become an AR vegan, what would the path from where he is now to that, look like? You can apply it to anyone or for any change.....Rather than think about pushing someone towards a goal, it might be better to think of paths....Like for Oreilly, I would think that that would be a pretty long and convoluted path, perhaps involving some extreme experiences, and meeting some different people.
There doesn't seem much point in thinking of a direct route, from A to B, and to push in that vector, as I doubt it would be a straight path, and it probably wouldn't be a straight path for anyone or any major change.

That's why people have to find their own path. But when they do that, because they aren't taking a straight path, some people will criticise them......best to cultivate a culture of honesty in any social movement, I think.....let people find their own way, in an atmosphere where they can explore, find honest information, and not be judged too much.

/thought for the day

Pop-up McDons, that's what we need. Set up a vegan copy of McDonalds in empty shops for a week, and try to duplicate everything on McDs menu, as vegan.

Reactions: thefadedone
Yep. Once in a while, a cheeseburger is fine. :weird: Don't listen to what others tell you. It's all lies.

unless you lob a frozen veggieburger through a test centre window, you're not doing it right!

I don't know what is so wrong with getting people to pass their driving tests anyway!.....