Quorn CEO wants all their products to go vegan

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
We don't have any official details from Quorn yet, only that they're "working on it", and that the egg will be replaced with potato starch. However a "worldwide shortage of potato starch" is slowing down their progress.

Thank you to the change.org petition started by Tracey Dixon that attracted almost 3,000 signatures and to the Vegan Lifestyle Association for communicating with Quorn to get this information.

More: Quorn to go COMPLETELY VEGAN across their ENTIRE range of products! (24. March 2016)

Reactions: Amy SF
Yes, please :)
Although if they wanted all their products to be vegan, why would they put cheese in their food as well..? They have 3 different cutlets that have dairy as well as eggs.

I love Quorn. I still haven't tried the nuggets that are in my freezer. I really need to get on that.

Hm, I remember these. From years ago in England, I remember them as something maybe a bit faddy that got our attention for a while, I wouldn't even have known they are still around, haven't thought about them for years.

As far as I can remember, they were (are) pretty good.

Yes, this is good news.

I love Quorn. I still haven't tried the nuggets that are in my freezer. I really need to get on that.
They are different...both taste and texture. I don't like them. I'm very sad.

Oh that's a good idea! I will try and be creative!

How can you have a shortage of potato starch?! Sounds bizarre to me.

Plus I really hate anything mushroom related so wouldn't eat quorn if you paid me. Glad more vegan products are becoming available, but worried that someone may try and make me eat it and there will be no polite reply to get out of it. Oh dear.

How can you have a shortage of potato starch?! Sounds bizarre to me.

Plus I really hate anything mushroom related so wouldn't eat quorn if you paid me. Glad more vegan products are becoming available, but worried that someone may try and make me eat it and there will be no polite reply to get out of it. Oh dear.

Have you ever tasted Quorn ? It doesn't taste anything like a mushroom.