Quick savory breakfasts

Everleigh

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I am looking for breakfast ideas but they have to be something I can make fast.I'm not looking for anything sweet.I don't really have much time in the mornings and not really interested in fruit or shakes.Any suggestions?

Crustless vegetable mini quiches.
Croque Monsieur sandwiches ( hot toasted sandwiches made with melted cheese and sliced 'chick'n' or 'ham' with Dijon mustard.
Cornish pasties ( they are like empanadas filled with potatoes and onions).
Wraps with grated Daiya, tomatoes etc

I also prefer savoury food for breakfast and dislike anything sweet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freesia
Tofu scramble. :)I usually use this very easy recipe and the turmeric makes it yellowy like scrambled eggs.

Vegan Recipes : Tofu scramble

You can buy black salt which has an eggy flavour, but I am not a fan personally.

Croque Monsieur sandwiches ( hot toasted sandwhiches made with melted cheese and sliced 'chick'n' or 'ham' with Dijon mustard.

I just had that for my breakfast today.:lick:

Reactions: thefadedone
Tofu scramble. :)I usually use this very easy recipe and the turmeric makes it yellowy like scrambled eggs.
Vegan Recipes : Tofu scramble

You can buy black salt which has an eggy flavour, but I am not a fan personally.

I just had that for my breakfast today.:lick:

Just had one for lunch........ and yes MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

I sometimes do an even simpler tofu scramble: just mashed tofu, plus black salt and nutritional yeast, all mixed with a bit of soya milk.....that plus some toast is quite nice.

I second tofu scramble (you can really put anything you want in this) and savory muffins. Pancakes are good, too, and you don't have to make them sweet. Chickpea flour "omelets" are also really quick and easy. I put thinly sliced veggies, spinach and nutritional yeast flakes in mine and top it off with a little Daiya and hot sauce.

Guess it depends on what you're most into. I never would have thought to suggest it, had I not just seen a recipe for pumpkin and feta muffins that I'd really like to veganize.
Maybe a muffin with mixed veggies.I'll have to look around the web.

Buckwheat pancakes filled with either leeks, mushrooms or curried tofu.
Courgettes/zuchinni bran muffins.
Spring rolls.
Savoury wholmeal ciabatta with various dips ; cucumber and silken tofu, guac etc

You guys are making me hungry.

Lately I've been having a sort of light dinner for breakfast and a breakfast (muesli) for dinner quite often. I sometimes make converted rice and mix in lots of vegetables, some oil or ground flax seeds, and maybe a bit of low-sodium soy sauce. (I know brown rice is much better for you than converted but converted cooks in about half the time).

I don't own a microwave, but I suppose I could make what I mentioned just above (with brown rice, not converted) the night before, take it to work, and heat it up there....

Reactions: KLS52
I make the avocado toasts but couldn't really find any savory muffin recipes I liked.Is there a recipe for the crustless vegetable mini quiches?

Last edited: