Questions Every Veg*an Is Tired of Answering.

Ah me too. I've just stopped answering, not because I mean to, but just because I've ran out of things to say. I try to think of something to say that doesn't sound rude... and fail... is this just me? In particular "what do you eat?" which is the only one I get, but I get it a lot.

What can you say? I usually just say I cook food from scratch, so I eat whatever I like, you can always make a vegan version that's good. Sometimes I add that I eat lots of Indian food which is often vegetarian anyway, and then people ask if you can make vegan cake, and I say yes. Actually people always always always ask about the cake.

:) But some of the questions aren't annoying, "can you eat anything here" "shall we go somewhere else" are nice ones. My friends always make sure I can eat something before they choose what to eat in case they're out of the vegan options and we have to up sticks and go somewhere else. :D I have good friends. I also always get "hey I found this and it looks vegan, is it? *excited*" and then I worry it wont be and I'll break their little hearts. :eek:

Yeah I think we have all heard all of these on some occasion. It is super annoying. :rolleyes:
The one that annoys me the most though is the desserted island question when asked by other vegetarians!! It's already irritating to be questioned about these ridiculous scenarios by omnis, but when your own peers do it it's even worse. :mad:

That is basically every day of my life. I was babysitting and was actually asked, "Where do you get your protein?". Word for word. I wanted to say, "Seriously, can you at least throw me a curve ball? Maybe ask about my iron?"

Reactions: thefadedone
maybe it is a fair question though....I didn't even know what protein was for most of by veggacy. Now I take a lysine pill or two each day, as I might not get enough of that amino acid, some days.

Yeah I think we have all heard all of these on some occasion. It is super annoying. :rolleyes:
The one that annoys me the most though is the desserted island question when asked by other vegetarians!! It's already irritating to be questioned about these ridiculous scenarios by omnis, but when your own peers do it it's even worse. :mad:
Agreed!
I also get "Are you ever going to take a vegan vacation because if you do, we could go out for bacon and eggs." How about...nooooooooooo!

Reactions: Danielle
Amy, it shows a bunch of people asking the typical "how can you not eat bacon?" type questions. Where do you get your protein, don't you miss meat? etc., etc.

I havent watched the video, but the question that annoys me most is whether I swallow. Purely because every person who asks does it like they are the smartest most original person ever.

Earlier this week I saw a response to a Huffington Post article that said "if we aren't supposed to eat animals why are they made of meat?" Every time I read/hear that response I feel like screaming "I've heard that exactly 1 million times! Can't you come up with something original?!?" Sheesh.

Earlier this week I saw a response to a Huffington Post article that said "if we aren't supposed to eat animals why are they made of meat?" Every time I read/hear that response I feel like screaming "I've heard that exactly 1 million times! Can't you come up with something original?!?" Sheesh.

My standard reply to that one is, "Oh, you're a cannibal?" with a shocked look on my face.

I havent watched the video, but the question that annoys me most is whether I swallow. Purely because every person who asks does it like they are the smartest most original person ever.
Ugh. Highly inappropriate! In ANY situation. People have no manners! lol

Reactions: KLS52

Or the other classic comment.....PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals. The worst thing is, they think their comments are so clever and amusing o_O

Reactions: Hannah1
I say "You also are made of meat. "

I say "You also are made of meat. "

On Zathura the two kids encounter an alien race and the older guy helping them says that they eat meat and the kid is like, "oh that's okay then" and the older kid is like, "you're meat." I liked that part. :yes: