Question-Printing From a Computer

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Does anyone know how to print a map of a given area with a scale? When you use google map and hit print, it doesn't give the same result as what you
see on the computer screen.
A person who used to print my maps said that you have to download an app but I cannot remember how to do it.

Scale=50m

Does anyone know how to print a map of a given area with a scale? When you use google map and hit print, it doesn't give the same result as what you
see on the computer screen.
Look at the bottom right side of your computer screen. you will see a scale. it changes depending on how you zoom in and out. But it is always on the bottom right. Just zoom in or out till you get to the scale you want.

Another nice tip/trick is if you right click on the map you get a menu of things. One cool thing I sometimes do is to "measure distance". Very useful for planning walks/hikes/runs/bike rides.

Oh. I haven't had any issues with the printer cutting off the bottom right corner of the map but it might be a concern. You might want to play around with printing options if it does.

Look at the bottom right side of your computer screen. you will see a scale. it changes depending on how you zoom in and out. But it is always on the bottom right. Just zoom in or out till you get to the scale you want.

That I do know how to do. :) However, (I don't have a printer anymore) when a friend tries to print maps with a scale, they are different (size wise) to what is on the screen.

That I do know how to do. :) However, (I don't have a printer anymore) when a friend tries to print maps with a scale, they are different (size wise) to what is on the screen.
I still have a printer. but I don't buy ink for it anymore. Well I have ink for it but I find that it's too expensive.
My public library allows for 3 free pages of printing a day. I just save stuff to a USB stick and print it there. you can export what you want to print as a PDF, too. and then you are more than likely to get exactly what you want.

In an emergency, there is a Fed Ex store around the corner that charges 15¢ a page.

I've been going on a lot of hikes and I usually print out the maps at the library. but the maps are PDFs I have downloaded from the parks or trail maps sites.

I have a long convoluted way for you - I screen grab (Control Print Screen) and then paste into PAINT, crop and save as a jpg and then put it into a Word Doc and then save as a PDF and then Print......... :rolleyes:

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com