Hyphen3473

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
So i am not a vegan or vegetarian but i have one question, if a animal were to die by NATURAL causes would you eat that meat then, because i know like everyone become vegan to save animals from slaughter but if an animal died by natural causes no humans involved, would you vegan eat that meat then?

Vegans don't eat meat so most would not. I don't think I would either. You might argue that if we can eat an animal that died from natural causes, why not a human? Perhaps all deserve a respectful burial.

However it would definately be less immoral, or maybe even not immoral at all, than most meat. I'd say that in practice most animals that died from natural causes (disease, old age) might not be safe to eat. Roadkill might be OK though.

Being vegan has multiple facets, yes there is the morality aspect, but from a health perspective eating meat is unhealthy: saturated fat, cholesterol, heart disease are associated with eating meat. So whilst eating road kill might be morally ok, you have to decide if it is worth risking your health.

Nope I wouldn't . I know there is many things to consider and each too their own but its a negative from me .

gab has posted pretty much exactly what I would have said.

No, I wouldn't. Morality aside, I don't like to eat meat and view it as unhealthy!

I recently became a vegan, and very hard to give up the familiar food. I want to learn a lot of information about proper nutrition because my body needs food harmful. But I know that I'm on the right track! I read a lot of different articles and can advise me something like this article ????

I wouldn't eat animals even if they died of natural causes. The main reason i became a vegan is to keep healthy. There is lots of ways to keep it balanced even with a vegan diet. Irina Kasper, did you become vegan for health reasons?

not all people become vegan/vegetarian to save animals or animal rights, some people (including me) do it for the health benifits