Question about vegan cheese for homemade pizza

Tim Dedula

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Hi All;
I am on a detox diet (No sugar, no wheat/grain) and have been eating a vegetarian diet.

I would like to make a vegan pizza but am having difficulty replacing the cheese. I wonder if you fellas have some thoughts based upon your personal experiences.

I have the crust (using coconut flour), the tomato sauce, and the veggies figured out but need some advice on a cheese replacement. I asked my dietitian and she gave me the following vegan cheese suggestions ... Red Lotus, Heidi Ho, Treeline, KiteHill. Anyone tried any of these and know which brands/types would make a good cheese replacement for the top of a vegan pizza ?

The only one I'm familiar with is Daiya because they specifically have one marked "Mozzarella" but this brand wasn't on her list and I think that's because is has something not so healthy like maybe hydrogenated oil.

Thanks.

Tim

Mozzarisella is a good one. Also vegusto make some pretty good cheeses.
That is, if you're in the UK (we are an international site now, but we're mostly UK-based because that is where we started, so it helps to let us know where you're from). I have no idea if you can get these cheeses in other parts of the world, sorry.

Thanks, winter.frost. I didn't realize this site was UK based. Btw - I'm from the United States. I need to update my profile with my location. Vegusto sounds good to me and it seems to be pretty healthy but they don't ship out of the UK so that's unavailable to me unfortunately. Maybe someday they'll decide to ship worldwide. Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Tim

Reactions: 1 person
Another site that might or might not export to USA:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/JarMeUp - I have tried this woman's cooking it is absolutely a vegan revolution. Trouble would be getting the goods to USA quickly enough I suppose, since she makes everything to order.

We (the staff here) are aware that as we grow now we've entered the international community we also will need to get savvy with how things are overseas. We are open to all manner of suggestions :)

Also take a look at this (I really recommend this vegan recipe YouTube channel):

Thanks, winter.frost - That recipe in the video actually looks great and something I'd like to try. I use tofu quite a bit, the most recent just last week to make dairy-free mayonnaise.

Tim

Reactions: winter.frost