Query-Date Paste

Datel

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Is date paste exactly the same as pitted dates, only in the form of a paste?
So it has the exact same content?
So would date paste be a healthy option for sweetening?
Is there any date paste that would be particularly recommended?

Is date paste exactly the same as pitted dates, only in the form of a paste?
So it has the exact same content?
So would date paste be a healthy option for sweetening?
Is there any date paste that would be particularly recommended?
You can find date paste that is just pureed dates, I see it sold in plastic wrapped blocks-that would be equal to whole dates.
What shyvas linked is what I make, without vanilla though. I just cover the pitted dated with water to cover and blend in a high speed blender. I keep this in a glass jar in the freezer, as it keeps so long there, and is still spoonable

Date paste is not exactly the same as pitted dates, as it is made by blending pitted dates with a small amount of water. It is a healthy option for sweetening, as it is a natural sweetener that contains only the natural sugars of the dates.

Reactions: bEt and Emma JC
Date paste is not exactly the same as pitted dates, as it is made by blending pitted dates with a small amount of water. It is a healthy option for sweetening, as it is a natural sweetener that contains only the natural sugars of the dates.
There is date paste at Asian groceries that don't contain added water, just pureed dates

You can even buy date sugar, dried pulverized dates. It's too expensive and just dehydrated dates anyway, I wouldn't bother with that

I only use date paste very occasionally as I don't think that it
makes the perfect sweetener:
Many thanks for the links. What is the perfect sweetener?

I just cover the pitted dated with water to cover and blend in a high speed blender.
What is the water for? Why not without? Many thanks for the link! Very nice video.

Date paste is not exactly the same as pitted dates, as it is made by blending pitted dates with a small amount of water.
Yes, but does it have the same content? I assume, water is in dates as well by nature.

There is date paste at Asian groceries that don't contain added water, just pureed dates
https://www.amazon.com/Ziyad-Baking...egion_id=373786&ref=&adgrpid=75769029589&th=1
How do you know that there was no water added?

You can even buy date sugar, dried pulverized dates. It's too expensive and just dehydrated dates anyway, I wouldn't bother with that
Yes, indeed, 4, 5 and more times more expensive than date paste.

Here's another question about date paste: How is Date Paste Made?