US Product Thread

RabbitLuvr

I love rabbits.
Reaction score
The other Globetrotting forums have a product thread, but there wasn't one for the United States.

This thread is for posting your vegan supermarket finds, and for asking questions if you aren't sure if something is vegan or not.

I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate thread, but I wanted to share a link which summarizes recent financial donations over GMO labeling (California's proposition 37):

http://www.cornucopia.org/2012/08/prop37/
prop37-poster3.jpeg

As consumers, I think it is important to reward truly organic brands, and especially to prefer them over brands which try to profit via a "natural" image despite being owned by an anti-organic parent company.

Edit: apparently my account is still too new, so I can't post links. Well, the image basically has all the important information anyway.

Physicians Formula makeup (vegan, I think all of it) has come out with a bunch of new products, and my local CVS has the discontinued stuff at 50% off. Check out wherever they sell it if you're looking for some PF makeup! :)

The new stuff looks awesome BTW; their new mascara has a recyclable brush even.

This is not out yet for the general public, it seems, but when it comes out, I totally want to try it:
cheeseplate-small.jpg

Vedge restaurant in Philly is starting to use it. Apparently they sell to wholesalers, but it may be in grocery stores and health food stores come March.

www.treelinecheese.com

Someone ( :D ) posted about Treeline cheeses on my FB. Looks so good...I hope it will be available in my area!

Reactions: thefadedone
This is not out yet for the general public, it seems, but when it comes out, I totally want to try it:
cheeseplate-small.jpg

Vedge restaurant in Philly is starting to use it. Apparently they sell to wholesalers, but it may be in grocery stores and health food stores come March.

www.treelinecheese.com

I can't wait for this and for Beyond Meat. I think Gardien is really in for some tough competition once Beyond Meat starts mass production to major retailers. Right now it's only being sold at certain Whole Foods locations in the prepared foods section, but once it hits the shelves at other grocery chains I think it will really take off.

I like some Gardein products, like the crispy chik'n tenders, but the regular chik'n strips are totally bland. I thought they were just awful.

I will be interested in Beyond Meat. I usually make my own seitan and all, but sometimes, I'm lazy and I just want prepared stuff.

I like some Gardein products, like the crispy chik'n tenders, but the regular chik'n strips are totally bland. I thought they were just awful.

I will be interested in Beyond Meat. I usually make my own seitan and all, but sometimes, I'm lazy and I just want prepared stuff.

I agree. I could eat the whole pack of crispy tenders every single day.:p

Reactions: PTree15
Physicians Formula makeup (vegan, I think all of it) has come out with a bunch of new products, and my local CVS has the discontinued stuff at 50% off. Check out wherever they sell it if you're looking for some PF makeup! :)

The new stuff looks awesome BTW; their new mascara has a recyclable brush even.

I'm hooked on their face powder and stock up on the product every time that I'm in the US. I find that
the best buys are at Target or WM's.

I'm hooked on their face powder and stock up on the product every time that I'm in the US. I find that
the best buys are at Target or WM's.
I love PF pressed powder that is different colors swirled together, it hides the flaws. It is all I wear for foundation, and add their blush if I look pale. It lasts forever! :)

I've never used the plain Gardein strips, but the thing I like most about the crispy strips (and even more so, the Chipotle Lime crispy strips) is the coating.

I did try Beyond Meat twice after Whole Foods here started carrying it, and was very impressed. My omni husband liked it, too. I had it plain on a salad (they had strips on the salad bar), and also in a deli-made Buffalo Chik'n Wrap. I like super spicy foods, but the sauce made the wrap nearly inedible. I ended up taking the filling out and mixing in Vegenaise to mellow it out. The Beyond Meat was very good in it, though. My WF has started using it in all deli items that previously had Gardein. (I don't mind but I wonder about the politics behind the scene. Gardein can't be happy about this, unless they had a supply problem.)

I've seen complaints about the price of it on another forum, some WF's are selling it for $9.99/lb! This makes me worry about what the cost of the retail packs will be.

Next time I'm at WF, I'm going to try the Curried Chik'n Salad, if they have it.

Reactions: thefadedone
I like the plain Gardein strips, filets, etc., but I find their sauces to be terrible. I never use their sauce packets and just make my own instead.

Thanks for the reviews RabbitLuvr.

That's really interesting about your Whole Foods replacing Gardein with Beyond Meat. I wonder whats up with that. $9.99/lb is downright insane!

Reactions: PTree15
I like the plain Gardein strips, filets, etc., but I find their sauces to be terrible. I never use their sauce packets and just make my own instead.

Thanks for the reviews RabbitLuvr.

That's really interesting about your Whole Foods replacing Gardein with Beyond Meat. I wonder whats up with that. $9.99/lb is downright insane!

Would it have something to do with the fact that Gardein is a Canadian firm and BM is based in Maryland US ?
It makes sense that US firms would want to promote their own countries products.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/20...hicken-meat-will-be-as-good-as-the-real-thing