Product Thread Aus & NZ

Pickle Juice

Reaction score
So, calling all Australians and New Zealanders! If I were to visit your countries, what sorts of vegan foods would I be able to find, and where would I find them?

That would be just me I think! And, I have to think about that one. I use an Australian vegan mayo as we cant get veganaise over here, or Daiya. We can get sheese though or whatever it is called. There are a few Australian vegan cookie brands I buy sometimes. One is like a "tim tam" or "penguin" and there are also ginger cookies and coconut cookies.

Some things are starting to be labelled vegetarian in the last few years I've noticed. Not as often as in the UK, but lately it is possible to find stuff like that, especially if you're into frozen food (lol).

Yes. I tend to leave occasionally but for the moment I'm fairly stationary.

I tend to find people from Australia and/or New Zealand fairly commonly in other places and online, strangely enough. Given the population it's surprising to me.

I have the opposite situation. I am usually either the only one, or there is perhaps one other.

I'm watching your ladies play some good field hockey vs Germany. :cool:Tied 0-0 in the second period.

ETA Congrats to the NZ women's field hockey -- to the finals!! :D

Thanks! I watched the NZ vs US game, we had some tough opponents there : ) . Yeah would be interesting to see the finals.

You must enjoy nice weather all the time : ) .

lol. I actually find winter here more uncomfortable than places where it gets properly cold. Nobody designs houses for that here, so even though it only gets vaguely cool, it's like that all the time instead of when I go outside.

So I sleep in a lot.

It can be like that here too. Houses dont tend to be insulated or heated in this strange optimistic expectation of warm weather all year round. It was weird when I went to Europe and realised that most homes had heating.