Announcement Problem sending email notifications to Hotmail/MS

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
As of this Sunday we appear unable to send email notifications to hotmail accounts and other mail services owned by Microsoft.

I'll try to investigate the issue, but I expect it might take some time to resolve.

In the meantime, if you rely on email notifications from VF and you have another email address you can use, then I'd recommend switching.

I've started to look into this issue in more detail, and it seems like it's going to be quite difficult to resolve as Microsoft appears to have put our IP address on their block list.

To be clear, this affects all members with hotmail.com, hotmail.co.uk, outlook.com, live.ca and possibly other Microsoft-owned domains that I don't know about.

For those affected:

If you have a different email address you can use, then please consider changing to this. You can change this from your preferences - here is a direct link: https://www.veganforum.org/account/email

If you need any assistance, feel free to use the 'Contact Us' form at the bottom of the pages.

I finally had the time and energy to put together an email to Outlook/Microsoft to request they consider removing the VF mail server from their block list. Fingers crossed!

YES! Outlook/Microsoft has responded to say they're taking the VF mail server off the block list!

It's going to take 24 - 48 hours for their change to take effect, though.

Reactions: Emma JC
I can see that an email to a couple of hotmail address has been sent successfully. So I think the problem has been resolved.

I believe some member's accounts may be in a restricted state due to the email problems. Please contact me via the contact form from the link at the bottom of the pages if you're having any issues related to this.

Reactions: Emma JC