Principles

kaichen251728930

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Humans have a moral obligation to protect non-human higher animals.

Higher animals, such as mammals and birds, are born with an advanced nervous system which can enable them to feel. Therefore, like humans, non-human higher animals also have the right to live and not to suffer abuse.

Non-human animals are innocent, but humans can be good or evil.

Non-human animals should not be condemned for killing others. Non-human animals have low intelligence, so they cannot be required to consider other individuals' feelings. In comparison, adult humans are very intelligent, so they are able to consider and understand other individuals' feelings. Therefore, if an adult human has killed or abused a non-human higher animal, this human is evil.

Humans must fight against cruel nature.

Nature has no empathy at all, but human morality is empathic. Therefore, human beings must fight against cruel nature and protect every non-human higher animal.

Nature has no empathy at all,
Elephants that mourn the death of other tribes, cetations (whales, dolphins, porpoises) that protect and rescue humans, gorrillas that protect human babies, a wild cat (can't remember which type) that took pity on its prey's orphan - I don't believe that nature has no empathy.

Humans have a moral obligation to protect non-human higher animals.

Higher animals, such as mammals and birds, are born with an advanced nervous system which can enable them to feel. Therefore, like humans, non-human higher animals also have the right to live and not to suffer abuse.

Non-human animals are innocent, but humans can be good or evil.

Non-human animals should not be condemned for killing others. Non-human animals have low intelligence, so they cannot be required to consider other individuals' feelings. In comparison, adult humans are very intelligent, so they are able to consider and understand other individuals' feelings. Therefore, if an adult human has killed or abused a non-human higher animal, this human is evil.

Humans must fight against cruel nature.

Nature has no empathy at all, but human morality is empathic. Therefore, human beings must fight against cruel nature and protect every non-human higher animal.
I've responded this same post in the other forum. Quite presumptuous thinking, that humans are higher intelligence and should be the overlords of the lesser beings 🤣 :rolleyes: :dismay::fp:

Elephants that mourn the death of other tribes, cetations (whales, dolphins, porpoises) that protect and rescue humans, gorrillas that protect human babies, a wild cat (can't remember which type) that took pity on its prey's orphan - I don't believe that nature has no empathy.

The animals you mention indeed have empathy. They have high intelligence, which enables them to be empathatic. But it has nothing to do with nature.

Nature has no empathy at all. Otherwise, it wouldn't allow sentient creatures to kill each other, suffer and die.

I've responded this same post in the other forum. Quite presumptuous thinking, that humans are higher intelligence and should be the overlords of the lesser beings 🤣 :rolleyes: :dismay::fp:

Humans do have higher intelligence than other animals and can therefore better understand others' suffering. So, there should be higher moral requirements for humans.

Do you have any problem with that?

Humans do have higher intelligence than other animals and can therefore better understand others' suffering. So, there should be higher moral requirements for humans.

Do you have any problem with that?

I have problems with that ^

You are both basing your arguments on the obvious fallacy that intelligent human beings would base their decisions on their intelligent understanding, instead of their base instincts like greed.

I have problems with that ^

Obviously higher intelligence means higher ability to understand things.

People who are less intelligent, such as children and mentally disabled people, can’t bear legal responsibility if they commit a crime, because they are not intelligent enough to understand things. Similarly, animals can’t be accused if they cause suffering, because they are not intelligent enough to be required to have moral responsibility.

However, adult humans are intelligent enough. So, if they cause suffering to animals, they totally know what they are doing, and therefore they have no excuses and are evil and should be punished.

Also, i never say humans "should be the overlords of the lesser beings". Stop twisting my point.