Princess Anne says We should Eat Horse Meat !

From the article said:
The Princess Royal has suggested Britons should consider eating horse meat – because it would improve standards of care for the animals.

Umm, no it wouldn't. Hasn't this person ever heard of factory farming and it's horrible conditions?

Umm, no it wouldn't. Hasn't this person ever heard of factory farming and it's horrible conditions?[/quote]

Has she not heard of the abbatoir scandal in the UK, where horses were treated with great cruelty ?

Last edited:
So disgusting. Why doesn't she eat her dogs, and family members, when they get old, too?

Wouldn't put it past a royal to think that way...well, SHE wouldn't do it in her ideal world, but all of the lesser rabble would. She'll be too busy getting hand-fed grapes while someone is fanning her with a palm frond.

Last edited:
she has a duel relationship with horses; it's all the horses heads she gets her servants to leave in her enemy's beds....she's come to thing that sort of behaviour is normal.

Reactions: thefadedone
Wouldn't put it past a royal to think that way...well, SHE wouldn't do it in her ideal world, but all of the lesser rabble would. She'll be too busy getting hand-fed grapes while someone is fanning her with a palm frond.

Yes, I was really shocked by her comments. This kind of attitude only make you feel that most Royals have no idea of what it is to live in the real world.

Yes, I was really shocked by her comments. This kind of attitude only make you feel that most Royals have no idea of what it is to live in the real world.

Well, I thought that was common knowledge. You know, the whole "let them eat cake" kind of attitude going back at least to the 18th century. Yes, I know Marie Antoinette didn't actually say that, but the point was, she was the kind of royal who MIGHT have said it, or some variation on it.

I thought Antoinette said 'spiced bread' rather than cake...that's what I heard somewhere(probably the radio)......I had some pain d'epice when I was in France..quite nice....but I really just wanted sliced bread.

Well, I thought that was common knowledge. You know, the whole "let them eat cake" kind of attitude going back at least to the 18th century. Yes, I know Marie Antoinette didn't actually say that, but the point was, she was the kind of royal who MIGHT have said it, or some variation on it.

Times have changed and nowadays lots of the royals have had jobs and are more aware of life's hardships. Back in the 18 th C, royalty never mingled with the commoners and had no idea of how they lived.

I have not read any comments in today's press, concerning what she has stated. Prehaps the majority of people have not been greatly shocked by her comments ?

Horse meat isn't kosher is it? I think it is not halal anyway.

You're right, horses are forbidden to Jews for consumption. I've heard of people having to slaughter and eat their horses just to stay alive, though, when they had nothing else to eat, short of themselves. I think that's what the Donner Party did before they ate each other.

I thought Antoinette said 'spiced bread' rather than cake...that's what I heard somewhere(probably the radio)......I had some pain d'epice when I was in France..quite nice....but I really just wanted sliced bread.

The original myth had misquoted her as saying some sort of fancy bread rather than cake, yeah. In actually, Marie Antoinette said nothing of the sort.

The original myth had misquoted her as saying some sort of fancy bread rather than cake, yeah. In actually, Marie Antoinette said nothing of the sort.
:yes: There was actually a book published about a century (more?) before that quoted a princess saying "let them eat cake". Poor Marie Antoinette got stuck with it.

I just watched this wacky British movie set in 1947, during which time there was food rationing in Britain and all kinds of restrictions that were enforced by the police.

One scene showed a butcher shop getting padlocked for fraudulently selling horse meat, although some of the people in line for meat were so hungry they probably would have taken it even if they had known.

Some of the lines were:

They eat it in Belgium.

Well, this ain't Belgium.

They ate rats in Stalingrad!

A Private Function (1984), Michael Palin, Maggie Smith, many other wonderful actors.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089838/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Great cast. Much of the British humour did not quite translate for this American, but just came across as zany.