Pre-packed vegetarian dishes

Alexia

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Not all of these are healthy, but there is more choice now and some can be useful ideas if you are starting out. There are some nice ready made meals that are vegetarian; penne arrabiata, mushroom risotto, vegetable moussaka or lasagna and the vegetarian cottage pie.

They are good because you can see what ingredients they use and you can create your own versions from eating them and adapt them. I will have the odd one as a standby meal or use it and add more vegetables to it or some tofu or a chopped up vegetarian sausage.

That's a great idea. You can get inspiration from the offerings that are available.

Pre-packaged meals can be handy, but many of them are tiny portions, pricey, not as good as they look, and contain more sugar or salt than what most of us would consider healthy. So, I don't buy them often, but I will most definitely "borrow" an idea or three from the current "hot" choices.

I used these a lot when I was working, I specifically really enjoyed the Indian ones as well as the Mexican ones. Some were very hit or miss, like basically anything, but overall I loved the convenience and satisfaction from being able to throw something in the microwave at work instead of having to actually cook something or leave work to go find food.