Radio Post a piece you heard on the radio or a podcast

MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
Reaction score

I'm gonna bet ya right now that 99.9% of my posts come from some faction of public radio.... :p

Last edited:
I don't know that this entirely fits in here, but I thought I would give it a try anyway.

I enjoy listening to the radio programs broadcast by BBC Radio. Unfortunately, copyright restrictions and the large size of the recorded .MP3 files prohibit posting them here.

However, one of the series of programs that I am especially fond of is called Desert Island Discs. This program includes interviews with various celebrities featuring them choosing eight or nine musical pieces to take with them if they were ever stranded on a desert island.

While many of the broadcasts have copyright restrictions, those posted on the BBC website do not. The BBC has recently reviewed its "desert island" collection and published several lists of memorable programs, including:

Listen to newly discovered episodes and fragments
Featuring the programme's creator Roy Plomley, Tallulah Bankhead and Lady Diana Cooper.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04qvrx7

Nine of the most moving Desert Island Discs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/52WZS1fxyD90XVDnHg6D8vt
/nine-of-the-most-moving-desert-island-discs

Seven of the funniest Desert Island Discs

Desert Island Discs - Seven of the funniest Desert Island Discs - BBC Radio 4

Note: Programs posted on the BBC website do not have copyright restrictions, but they may have time limitations--after which they are no longer available.

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
I love this show! It's hilarious, it's informative, and it's such a welcome relief to.... everything.

Here, you can listen to the best of 2017 show (or segments) I heard in the car earlier: Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
I often listen to this on my drive to my parents' house. I love the news quizzes and some of the hilarious answers the guests come up with when they don't know the answer. :D I'm a big NPR fan as well. I listen to it almost daily.

By the way, when I tried to view some of the videos from the BBC website, I was getting these error messages saying "You need Adobe Flash to view this video." I deliberately uninstalled the Adobe program since it has acquired a terrible reputation. But I just Googled the name of the guest and "Desert Island Disc" and was able to find downloadable links to the programs as .MP3 files.

Last edited:
Just a heads-up from Thug Kitchen....

logo.png

what's good MadamSarcastra --

So ya know that we don’t like bothering you but we been steady working on some secret **** that we’re finally ready to share with y’all. YOU’RE. DAMN. RIGHT. We got ourselves a podcast.

IMG_5426-1.jpeg

Forked Up: A Thug Kitchen Podcast starts this Thursday February 8. It’ll be weekly podcast where we delve into food, politics, and pop culture all under the guise of trying to give a ****. We’ve got some great guests lined up and we’re gonna cover all kinds of topics from serious to silly to insane. This week we’re talking to Nick Guillory from Buzzfeed and it’s def worth a listen. So if podcasts are your jam, subscribe HERE, and join us every Thursday for new episodes of Forked Up. You can also download them from PodcastOne.com and Apple Podcasts so we’ve gotcha covered.

Lastly, we never imagined a job like we’ve got now and we appreciate every last one of you that supports us. It’s never lost on us how ******* rad this all is.

Michelle and Matt
http://www.thugkitchen.com/

I love this show! It's hilarious, it's informative, and it's such a welcome relief to.... everything.

Here, you can listen to the best of 2017 show (or segments) I heard in the car earlier: Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!

Ugh. This show is amusing but I HATE the host's jokes. They are just bad and borderline offensive. I like Ask Me Another (the other NRP game show) much better.

But Podcasts!! I love Podcasts! I've been listening to Stuff You Should Know, Welcome to Nightvale, Stuff your Mother Never Told You, and NEJM's Perspective interviews.