Pope Francis I - Encyclical on protecting the planet (full text)

My understanding is he doesn't address human population size or farm animals. Probably the two biggest environmental issues today. I don't see much good that this will do.

That's right - as long as he doesn't address all of your talking points, he might as well say nothing at all.

That's right - as long as he doesn't address all of your talking points, he might as well say nothing at all.
If you disagree what are some bigger environmental issues that I missed? I think most people are familiar with recycling(which was mentioned according to what I've read) much more than the problems farm animals cause.

If you disagree what are some bigger environmental issues that I missed? I think most people are familiar with recycling(which was mentioned according to what I've read) much more than the problems farm animals cause.

If you think that the encyclical is about just recycling, then I suggest you actually read it.

I'm surprised that I find him to be a very impressive figure. I like that he challenges the "dominion" that humans are supposed to have over the earth. The Bible teaches human beings to “till and keep” the garden of the world, he says. “ ‘Tilling’ refers to cultivating, plowing or working, while ‘keeping’ means caring, protecting, overseeing and preserving.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/19/w...calls-for-swift-action-on-climate-change.html