Poll: Favorite Vegan Snack?

What is your favorite quick vegan snack food?

• Fruity smoothie

• Hummus

• Guacamole

• Homemade Granola or trail mix

• Nuts, fruits and raw veg

• Other: Leave a comment with your favorite recipe!

Results are only viewable after voting.

VeganSprig

Eat Your Flowers
Reaction score
I love that I can munch on snacks all day long as a vegan without packing on the pounds.

My all time favorite is definitely hummus of any flavor. What about you? Where do find snack inspiration?

roasted-red-pepper-hummus-srgb.1.jpg

Attachments

• roasted-red-pepper-hummus-srgb.1.jpg
    roasted-red-pepper-hummus-srgb.1.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 188
Reactions: Andy_T and Amy SF
Raw veggies with Annie's vegan Godess dressing for the dip, this I love, love love. When I don't have that particular dressing, I use spicy avocado hummus or guacamole as the dip. When I run out of raw veggies, I munch vegan potato or pita chips with what's left of the dip.

When I run out of all of the above, I turn to pickled veggies. :D

Reactions: VeganSprig
Also a hummus lover, and baba ganoush. I also love spicy refried beans as a dip, and guacamole. I dip veggies, fruits, crackers, pita, bread, etc.

I like popcorn, especially with black pepper.

Dark chocolate also, yes, have to admit.

Reactions: VeganSprig
I think hummus is just too available around here, which means I eat a lot of it, which means it has lost its charm a bit with me. It's still a nice food, though.

I quite like fruity smoothies as well. Well, banana, avocado and soya milk mix is my favourite. But it's quite filling, and it's not something I will eat a lot at night, which is the snack time of day for me.

Guacamole on the other hand, that is an excellent snack, and they don't really sell it in the stores here. (Not any good ones anyway, and they usually pollute them with dairy for some reason.) So guacamole we have to make from scratch, which is fine with me. That makes it more special, anyway. For snacking, it's especially nice with some salty crackers or tortilla chips.

I ate a lot of hummus over the last four months so I'm off it now, for awhile. Plus, while I like it with veggies, I prefer it with some kind of chip, crisp or hearty bread and that tends to take away some of the health benefit.

I do love hummus made into a salad dressing.

Fruit is another go to snack for me.

For me, chocolate is much more than a snack; it's a food group, a daily nutritional requirement. If I don't have my daily dose of chocolate, I get all out of sorts. :p

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Guacamole on the other hand, that is an excellent snack, and they don't really sell it in the stores here. (Not any good ones anyway, and they usually pollute them with dairy for some reason.) So guacamole we have to make from scratch, which is fine with me. That makes it more special, anyway. For snacking, it's especially nice with some salty crackers or tortilla chips.

Yeah the only dairy free guac I've found is the Sainsburys Be Good to Yourself one and it's awful. Whole Foods does a really nice one but it's expensive so I've only had free samples haha.

I voted for hummus, but also love guacamole. also rice cakes, im currently obsessed with rice cakes (particularly marmite flavoured ones)

I love veggies alone or with hummus or guacamole or salad dressing, pretzels with mustard, nuts, a slice of buying toast with a spread, pita with spread, but my favorite is chips and salsa or veggie nachos.

Reactions: Amy SF
Can I say all of the above? :D Ha.

Though my favorites are probably fresh fruits (apples in particular) as well as raw veggies -- cucumbers and celery especially -- with hummus for dipping. Garlic hummus is my favorite, but I love all.

I also really enjoy making the Glo Bars from the Oh She Glows cookbook. So tasty and filling :)

Reactions: KLS52
I couldn't pick a favorite, though hummus with something crunchy be it vegetable or chip and chocolate of any sort are right up there. I also love, love, love guacamole with tortilla chips or pita bread. I could eat that all day. Then there are the vegan sweets, as I bake a lot. :D Popcorn is a favorite, too. Hmmm, I could go on. I really like snacks. :D