Policy re bigotry of various types?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue isn't about asking anyone to leave, or banning anyone.

Hey, Mischeif, why don't you stop lying?

I was told on the simple use of the term "SJW" that it didn't belong on this forum (post #8 of that thread), that it was best left to other forums, and that I should "stay abroad." This is a post you liked. Message clear enough to me. How abroad should I be when posting what I think? Abroad as in "not here".

Then, in post #16, you contradicted that by posting that saying "SJW" wasn't really the issue, but expressed concern about the "message" my views (on homosexuality) confer to
possible readers/members who happen to be "other than heterosexual and cis". In other words, because my views *might* be damaging to potential sign ups, they shouldn't be allowed -
which by default means I should leave or just shut my mouth because someone might be offended.

In post #19 David claimed VeggieBoards went defunct do to "trollery" such as what he thinks my posts in this thread are. Then he claimed that I was being discriminating
by asking "Is this a LGBT-welcoming forum, or is it not?" and then claiming "I don't come here to read anti-gay rants." - a post you also liked.

Clearly you express the view that A) I shouldn't be allowed to post what I believe on this subject and/or B) My views are trolling, not welcoming of LGBT and ranting - which by extension means I either shut up or leave, or possibly be forced to leave. Now note, I have never EVER once said that anyone who doesn't happen to share my views on LGBT should be prevented or discouraged from being a member here - but it is you and a few others who suggest that *I* should either leave or shut up.

Now your the hero of "anti-bigotry" in this thread.

Stop while you're behind mate.

Edit: You have also posted publicly that you are not a vegan. And that is fine of course, as the board allows for non-vegans. Bit ironic that you want to dictate how a veganforum should be run then, isn't it. In my view David was butthurt and acting out of that, but you - you are simply being the divisive one and stirring the ****.

Last edited:
We've all been through this a million times. Do you really want to endlessly rehash it? I just don't have the energy or the interest.

The torch is all yours....

I just find it fascinating that the free speech activists on sites like this seem to have endless energy to use the free speech argument to support the right to express bigoted viewpoints, but can't summon up the energy to actually use their own free speech to counter bigoted viewpoints.

Reactions: Andy_T
I just find it fascinating that the free speech activists on sites like this seem to have endless energy to use the free speech argument to support the right to express bigoted viewpoints, but can't summon up the energy to actually use their own free speech to counter bigoted viewpoints.

So, you're saying that silence equals support?

So, I'm to be one of two voices on this board to challenge bigotry while the rest of you sit by?

In the two years I've shared this forum with Neko it's become obvious to me he craves the stimulation of conflict. I won't be helping him with that. He's not having any success pushing his numerous absurd or offensive beliefs but he often has success goading people into running in circles with him.

Pick your battles. If pushing back against Neko's beliefs feels like a good use of your time then good luck to you.

In the two years I've shared this forum with Neko it's become obvious to me he craves the stimulation of conflict. I won't be helping him with that. He's not having any success pushing his numerous absurd or offensive beliefs but he often has success goading people into running in circles with him.

Pick your battles. If pushing back against Neko's beliefs feels like a good use of your time then good luck to you.

Sax, will you be my secret lover? All my beliefs on the whole LGBT thing are just my repressed and latent desire to be with a strong, intelligent man. Like you.

oh lolololol....I should stop posting and go to bed. Beer and public posts do not go together.

The right to free speech is the most basic right upon which all other rights rest upon. Without free speech, I can not test my ideas and see if they have merit. Thus, there is no free thought without free speech.

I looked up the definition of hate speech. hate speech: abusive or threatening speech or writing that expresses prejudice against a particular group, especially on the basis of race, religion, or sexual orientation. That definition looks way too nebulous to me. So my question is what does the word hate speech really mean and who gets to decide what it means. The meaning of any statement is in the predictable reaction to the statement.

Interesting that VF members would be considered established and VV members second in line/new. Many of the VV members have been together since the early 2000’s and came over from VB to VV. It’s my understanding that VF got chosen as home for the merger because the domain name better suited what IS was aiming for. I kind of take offense to the insinuation that VVers need to take a back seat. But maybe I misunderstood the post? I hope so.

I'm still surprised how anyone who purports to be an advocate of compassion can be advocates for inequality.
The irony, the hypocrisy, of people saying their right to be bigoted is being compromised by those who are simply asking for equal rights disgusts me.
"Political correctness" is usually nothing more than decency.
Quite frankly, I couldn't even find any reason for the tirade Neiko started based on the OP. It seemed nothing but inappropriate. It certainly has put a stain on their further posts for me at least---or is that reverse bigotry? lol

• Agree
Reactions: Andy_T and Mischief
I'm still surprised how anyone who purports to be an advocate of compassion can be advocates for inequality.
The irony, the hypocrisy, of people saying their right to be bigoted is being compromised by those who are simply asking for equal rights disgusts me.
"Political correctness" is usually nothing more than decency.
Quite frankly, I couldn't even find any reason for the tirade Neiko started based on the OP. It seemed nothing but inappropriate. It certainly has put a stain on their further posts for me at least---or is that reverse bigotry? lol

I didn't start any tirade in that thread. The question was asked seeking opinions of why males may be afraid of plant based meat or veganism. I gave my opinion on the topic. Apparently, no one agreed, and you know what, I'm fine with that. I don't need group approval.

However, some people were not fine with it. And along with the accusations of trolling and suggesting I go or that opinions of such nature not be allowed - THAT is when the real tirade began. It is a good example of group think and bullying by collectivists who attempt to get their way with such tactics.

If you (collective you, whoever you are), don't like me, I'm also fine with that. But don't bully me. That's a warning. I've been kicked from websites before, and left peacefully, even though I didn't feel I deserved it. I've been kicked from (a) website before (this one, temporarily, but I'm referring to another), by group bullying, and that turned out to be a mistake for several people. That's not a threat, nor a promise, just a statement of fact.

MOD POST
I have locked the thread as the original question has been answered (for now), but the discussion has moved on in a direction which I think is not really helpful/beneficial, and besides will now probably need some moderator attention.

Let's instead spend our time & energy on something a bit more useful, shall we? If you have ideas for a code of conduct, please send me a private message.

Reactions: Andy_T
Status
Not open for further replies.