News Police Officers Shot Dead - Baton Rouge

They are currently saying 7 shot, 3 of whom are dead.

This is one reason why everyone needs to be careful about the words they choose to use.

I don't think a person is motivated to kill police because of words they heard or read, rather because police are killing and brutalizing citizens without consequence.

I don't support either.

I don't think a person is motivated to kill police because of words they heard or read, rather because police are killing and brutalizing citizens without consequence.

I disagree. I think that, if someone describes all police as being racist thugs, that contributes to violence against police just as much as someone describing all transvestites in derogatory terms contributes to violence against transvestites.

Words matter.

I disagree. I think that, if someone describes all police as being racist thugs, that contributes to violence against police just as much as someone describing all transvestites in derogatory terms contributes to violence against transvestites.

Words matter.
Folks don't refer to firefighters or sanitation workers as "racist thugs", but then again they're not killing and brutalizing citizens. Police disproportionately kill and brutalize people of color. A white person openly carrying a real gun is deemed less of a threat by police than a Black child playing in the park with a toy gun.