Pms Symptoms Worsened???

Mangooats

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hey Everyone,
So I had been vegan for 16 years before having my daughter 2.5 years ago, and 2 weeks ago returned to a plant based diet. I noticed that my PMS symptoms returned to how they were when I was vegan last time (tired, VERY irritable). I have been keeping my nutrition on point (b12, iron etc). The only thing I stay away from is added fats since I am overweight, but did add some avocodoe the past 2 days for omegas.

Is it possible that my bad PMS is normal detox? I'm very tired and irritable, and haven't felt like that since I was vegan nearly 3 years ago.

amberfunk

Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Being tired could just mean that you are low on iron, healthy fats, calories or all of them. I get tired because I have iron deficiency anemia due to diet. Eating more beans and other high iron foods and taking a iron pill around my period helps.

Reactions: Mangooats and Lou
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hey Everyone,
So I had been vegan for 16 years before having my daughter 2.5 years ago, and 2 weeks ago returned to a plant based diet. I noticed that my PMS symptoms returned to how they were when I was vegan last time (tired, VERY irritable). I have been keeping my nutrition on point (b12, iron etc). The only thing I stay away from is added fats since I am overweight, but did add some avocodoe the past 2 days for omegas.

Is it possible that my bad PMS is normal detox? I'm very tired and irritable, and haven't felt like that since I was vegan nearly 3 years ago.

It has been a week since I started my vegan lifestyle and I noticed the first 2 to 3 days was my worst. I was tired, irritable, and felt kind of I'll, but I feel fine now. I have the opposite effect with my period. I'm not having cramps and moodiness. It seems lighter as well. I've had three children myself and noticed after every birth there is a period were your periods do get worse for a while, but do go back to normal.