Please save crabs, crickets and mice

rebekahy2k

Newcomer
Reaction score
I may be preaching to the choir here but I just wanted to let my fellow veggies know what ive been doing, hoping you will do the same. I buy live mice and crickets from the local Petco and let them go free. These poor animals would otherwise be eaten alive unless other veggies are buying them to which I hope they are. Also, Shoprite sells live crabs that people throw into boiling pots of water. Please bring them back to the beach. Please write me and let me know what you think. Thank you. God Bless You

Rebekah, I am not sure that this approach works.

Yes, it saves the animals that you buy, but also creates a demand to "produce" that kind of animals.
And I severely doubt that buying a live crab in a supermarket and bringing it to the beach will result in that crab finding happiness in your part of the sea, unless it happens to be perfectly suited to this environment.

Best regards,
Andy

I read somewhere that crabs are very hardy and able to live in very dirty water. Anyway, it is god's animal and is just deserving of life as you are. If they produce more and take more crabs from the ocean there is nothing we can do about that. Still someone gets their life back or at the very least dies in the place where God intended it to live. Andy, you would not like to go alive into the mouth of a snake.

Gotta agree with Andy. I know your heart is in the right place but all this will do in the long run is cause them to stock more. You're better off trying to educate others on why not to buy them.

Why cant you understand? You still keep some poor Animal from the pain of it own terrible death.