Animal Rights Please help stop the Bull Run in Virginia 8/24/13!

Poppy

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Please, please go to this site and sign the petition! Thank you!

There is a motorsports park in Dinwiddie, Virginia which is planning to sponsor a "Bull Run" as a publicity stunt on August 24, 2013. They are contracting with a company out of Texas to hold this event. It is our understanding that the bulls will be transported from Kansas and have somehow been rendered "less dangerous" than normal (old age? horns blunted? eyes coated with Vaseline? drugged? don't know WHAT that means. :() They will have to run on a track made of asphalt, surrounded by stupid, screaming people. I'm sure it will be terrifying and very dangerous. It's simply an appalling event and we're looking for world-wide support to try to end this thing. If they do go through with the event, we will be protesting in force, although it would certainly be better for them to cancel the whole stupid thing.

Thank you for your help! And please forward the link on FB, Twitter or anywhere else it can be seen!

Signed.
Maybe some one can suggest they hold a contest where the (human) winners get to dress like bulls and run. They'll get publicity and people excited to be participating.

Reactions: Poppy
Done. Freaking humans is right. Why people find this entertaining is beyond me. I remember going to Spain in high school and everyone wanted to go to the bullfighting arena. I happily bowed out, sat in the Plaza del Sol and drank sangria.

Reactions: Dedalus and Poppy
Thanks for all the help, friends! We have over 1800 signatures worldwide - woo!!! :starshower: Please continue to sign the petition and please share the link!

We have written a press release that will hopefully be picked up and circulated.

I expect they will not agree to cancel, unless there's local media attention as well. But I sure hope that the resulting protest is a huge one!!!