News Plant Based/Vegan

A study in 2018, ‘Fur Trade in the UK’, by the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (EFRA) found that retailers such as TK Maxx, Amazon, Boots, Boohoo
and Tesco were selling real fur products as fake. Some retailers, like Kurt Geiger and Etsy, were doing the same despite advertising no-fur policies. 😡

that's so weird/bad. I thought fake fur would be less expensive than real fur.. and not so much in demand, but I've never bought any. Or real fur for that matter

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
that's so weird/bad. I thought fake fur would be less expensive than real fur.. and not so much in demand, but I've never bought any. Or real fur for that matter

Not only is it disgusting but illegal. Can you imagine if somebody is either allergic to real fur or feels strongly about animal rights and discovers that they have been duped ?

These merchants and shops should be heavily fined and shamed.

Sol Cuisine, which I just realized is a Canadian company, has a new turkey roast out for Christmas and they were new ($13), and on sale, at my grocery store last week, so I picked one up. Much bigger than needed but I am sure we can eat the whole thing or maybe leave a slice for an open face turkey sandwich on Boxing day. I do still have the Gardein ones in the freezer and it will be fun to try a different one.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

1609655953067.png

Iceland is kicking off the New Year with a bang by launching an exclusive frozen Greggs vegan range, including the famous Greggs Vegan Sausage Rolls (£2.50, 4 pack) and Greggs Vegan Steak Bakes (£2.50, 2 pack) - all of which will be available online on Friday 1st January 2021 and in stores from Saturday 2nd January 2021.

Reactions: Emma JC
Some high hopes for 2021 :)

''Vegan cheese is the absolute holy grail at the moment, and the race is on to be the first company that creates a plant-based cheese that has the same taste and texture as dairy cheese. The noise in the plant-based cheese space is getting louder and louder with each passing week. Personally speaking, I feel there is a long way to go, BUT 2021 could see this start to change, as a few brands are now on the verge of creating an authentic product with an engineered cow’s milk.
I checked in on this subject with Reuben Waller from Plant Candi, a well-known vegan chef. He believes ‘the slow demise of the traditional dairy business will provide a marked contrast with the rise of products such as laboratory engineered cow’s milk, which will signal a seismic shift for the vegan cheese market’. This echoes our view too.

Imagine if you could get the full variety of cheese that we have all been brought up on tasting exactly the same as the animal counterpart, but made 100% from plants. What a huge change would come. ‘Not being able to give up cheese’ is given as the number one reason for flexitarians not becoming vegan, so this would be a game changer for the vegan movement. No wonder investors are rapidly diving into this space. An engineered dairy product would also take plant-based cheese back in a natural and unprocessed direction. As I am sure you are aware if you already eat vegan cheese, many have a nasty aftertaste, and all are highly processed.''

Reactions: Emma JC