News Plant Based/Vegan

I was just using bread as a simple comparison :shrug:
Babies have been malnourished on omnivore diets forever, and it's always been called neglect. Giving a baby an inadequate vegan diet is also neglect,.
Not all the omnivores giving their babies a inadequate diet do it out of malice--and if you're vegan and not researching nutrition it should be called neglect

In the French case, the parents were charged with neglect. And although the vegan diet was a contributing cause the I think the real issue was when the parents disregarded the physician's order to take the baby to the hospital.

I think the underlying issue was that the mom was B12 deficient, therefore her breast milk was B12 deficient. and you don't have to be a vegan to be deficient in B12.

Couldn't they have just asked Just, Inc (formerly Hampton Creek) for the recipe?

Oh wait. Does it really look like an egg? Yolk and all?

Couldn't they have just asked Just, Inc (formerly Hampton Creek) for the recipe?

Oh wait. Does it really look like an egg? Yolk and all?

Realistic appearance

As part of a project at Paris’ Ecole de Biologie Industrielle, the biologists have spent three years and trialled over 50 recipes to create a vegan-friendly egg that is clearly recognisable as an egg, albeit one made entirely without animals.

Although the eggs are completely free from animal products, they featured both the distinctive white and yolk and even come in their own eco-friendly shells.

What sets them apart from other egg alternatives available on the market such as OGGS or Just is their multi-functional abilities which means they can be fried up like an egg, scrambled and even used in bak

1602015523040.png

1602015887203.png

Reactions: Lou
I used to love condensed milk when I was a kid. We had it on ice cream and fruit after Sunday dinner.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
I was just using bread as a simple comparison :shrug:
Babies have been malnourished on omnivore diets forever, and it's always been called neglect. Giving a baby an inadequate vegan diet is also neglect,.
Not all the omnivores giving their babies a inadequate diet do it out of malice--and if you're vegan and not researching nutrition it should be called neglect

In the case that I referenced, it went beyond neglect. The baby was having obvious health issues and was denied medical care. The parents were advised by doctors and chose not to follow up in any way.

According to the article, they were set free and retained custody of the child. So it continues to be a dangerous situation. The vegan community is being used as a scapegoat.

Reactions: Lou

Realistic appearance

As part of a project at Paris’ Ecole de Biologie Industrielle, the biologists have spent three years and trialled over 50 recipes to create a vegan-friendly egg that is clearly recognisable as an egg, albeit one made entirely without animals.

Although the eggs are completely free from animal products, they featured both the distinctive white and yolk and even come in their own eco-friendly shells.

What sets them apart from other egg alternatives available on the market such as OGGS or Just is their multi-functional abilities which means they can be fried up like an egg, scrambled and even used in bak

View attachment 22618

View attachment 22619

1603025443424.png

This product which hasn't even been launched (due to EU regulations) has already been renamed.

I've been sticking with beet sugar- Pioneer brand, but just saw this about Domino sugar---

• Is Domino Sugar vegan? Yes and No. To find out, search for the lot code on your Domino sugar package. If the lot code starts with the numbers 1 or 4, it means it was produced on Domino Yonkers (NY) or Baltimore (MD) Refineries, respectively, which do not use bone char and so, have a vegan-friendly process (called ion exchange resin). Bone char is animal-derived natural charcoal used to remove the color and impurities from sugar syrups. Bone char is used for decolorization in the Domino Sugar Refinery in Chalmette (LA). If the lot code on your sugar starts with the number 5, it means it was produced in Louisiana, and consequently, is not vegan. Refer to the image below, showing my package, where you can see the lot code starting with the #5, meaning it is not vegan. As a quick reference: (1) From Yonkers is vegan; (4) From Baltimore is vegan; (5) From Chalmette is not vegan.

I've been sticking with beet sugar- Pioneer brand, but just saw this about Domino sugar---

• Is Domino Sugar vegan? Yes and No. To find out, search for the lot code on your Domino sugar package. If the lot code starts with the numbers 1 or 4, it means it was produced on Domino Yonkers (NY) or Baltimore (MD) Refineries, respectively, which do not use bone char and so, have a vegan-friendly process (called ion exchange resin). Bone char is animal-derived natural charcoal used to remove the color and impurities from sugar syrups. Bone char is used for decolorization in the Domino Sugar Refinery in Chalmette (LA). If the lot code on your sugar starts with the number 5, it means it was produced in Louisiana, and consequently, is not vegan. Refer to the image below, showing my package, where you can see the lot code starting with the #5, meaning it is not vegan. As a quick reference: (1) From Yonkers is vegan; (4) From Baltimore is vegan; (5) From Chalmette is not vegan.

It would be far easier if Domino's used the V label on their packaging.

The UK is the largest consumer and purchaser of plant-based milk, meat, cheese and ready meals in Europe (Source: The Vegan Society).
25% of evening meals in the UK are now vegan or vegetarian, and one in three people in the UK have stopped, or reduced their meat consumption.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC