News Plant Based/Vegan

• Informative
Reactions: bEt
This is sort of funny.
The French bacon company La Vie, typically uses a whimsical largely irreverent approach to marketing. But this time I think they are the straight man and letting the French government and the French Pork Lobby make fools of themselves.

Basically the French Pork Industry is claiming unfair competition because La Vie's bacon is too much like bacon.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
This is sort of funny.
The French bacon company La Vie, typically uses a whimsical largely irreverent approach to marketing. But this time I think they are the straight man and letting the French government and the French Pork Lobby make fools of themselves.

Basically the French Pork Industry is claiming unfair competition because La Vie's bacon is too much like bacon.

The Pork industry has nothing to worry about. :(

I’ve been on hiatus from this forum for a while. Apologies if this has been mentioned already.

Anyone surprised at the outrage? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
People are upset because they ADDED an item? 🤔 :laughing:

I can easily imagine a plant based bacon being quite similar to pork, but I wouldn't want it!
I loved Morningstar bacon--that chewy cardboardy tasty striped stuff, and I love Baco's!

Reactions: Emma JC
''A highly-acclaimed book, which shares photos of elderly animals in sanctuaries, invites readers to ‘reflect upon what is lost when these animals are not allowed to grow old’.''

Reactions: Lou and Emma JC

Let's hope this product is successful in the test markets and is offered everywhere!

One weird trend I've spotted is that Mainstream News outlets have been reporting on Reddit. *

Yahoo News does it. And sometimes I see it in Newsweek.

And sometimes its about vegans.

If this keeps up we might need a new thread for vegan news via reddit.

So in this week's Reddit Vegan News Report....

" For the love of god don’t marry this man,” a user wrote.

• Wow
Reactions: Emma JC and silva