Lifestyle
  1. Other

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
This is sort of funny.
The French bacon company La Vie, typically uses a whimsical largely irreverent approach to marketing. But this time I think they are the straight man and letting the French government and the French Pork Lobby make fools of themselves.

Basically the French Pork Industry is claiming unfair competition because La Vie's bacon is too much like bacon.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
OP
OP
shyvas

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
This is sort of funny.
The French bacon company La Vie, typically uses a whimsical largely irreverent approach to marketing. But this time I think they are the straight man and letting the French government and the French Pork Lobby make fools of themselves.

Basically the French Pork Industry is claiming unfair competition because La Vie's bacon is too much like bacon.

The Pork industry has nothing to worry about. :(

silva

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been on hiatus from this forum for a while. Apologies if this has been mentioned already.

Anyone surprised at the outrage? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
People are upset because they ADDED an item? 🤔 :laughing:

I can easily imagine a plant based bacon being quite similar to pork, but I wouldn't want it!
I loved Morningstar bacon--that chewy cardboardy tasty striped stuff, and I love Baco's!

Reactions: Emma JC
OP
OP
shyvas

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
''A highly-acclaimed book, which shares photos of elderly animals in sanctuaries, invites readers to ‘reflect upon what is lost when these animals are not allowed to grow old’.''

Reactions: Lou and Emma JC