News Plant Based/Vegan

''To honour the person who created the term ‘vegan’ and went on to found The Vegan Society, Leicester is due to open up the first vegan bar in the city.

Named Donald Watson’s Vegan Bar, the new drinking venue launch is being led by a local businessman in the hope to create a memorable venue, which will also pay tribute to the man who essentially birthed the vegan community.''

Reactions: PTree15
Don't like the idea of promoting Amazon but lets face it we can all use some bargains.

That milk machine is tempting.
Meh. It doesn't say how much the milk machine is, but I'd spend it on a Vitamix myself.
It list "IP Duo Crisp" but it's not the description. Looks just like my Duo 6, which I love, but it's not worth more than $70 regular price

The duo crisp has two different lids. The regular one and one that turns it into an air fryer.

I looked at that milk machine and its too small for me. Only makes 11 oz of milk at a time.

I couldn't decide which thread to put this in.
I thought maybe the Everything Non-dairy Thread. but its not about non dairy.
We don't and probably shouldn't have a dairy thread
we don't really have a PETA News thread. Maybe we should.

Although I expect this law suit to get dismissed, but its interesting on several fronts.

First off it has a personal significance to me. It was a news article about PETA and another law suit that first brought cow cruelty to my attention.

there is a chance that this might actually do something or mean something. Other causes frustrated by the lack of legislation have moved things along with law suits.

this should get more news coverage. I already spotted it in the Washington Post. I bet the NYT isn't far behind. this story might get noticed by someone else who swears off milk.

This particular tactic probably can't be used in many places. Organic Valley pretty much opened it up to itself with their ad campaign.

Even if Amber wins her law suit, it may only result in damages and Organic Valley changing the wording of their ads.

‘Normal or with meat?’​

It might be worth mentioning that it was the Austria BK who had the controversy with Pride whoppers. (for those of you who forgot it was a burger with two tops or two bottoms).

Well good for Austria's BK to be pushing the envelope.

Reactions: vegan89 and Emma JC
If you haven’t yet discovered bite-sized Dream Pops’ chocolate candies in the frozen aisle of your local supermarket, you might just be living on another planet.​

I must be on that other planet. but I'm going shopping today and I will look for these.

I'm not a fan of Butterfingers. But all the other flavors look good.

Reactions: Lou
:fp:
The wedding couple were not vegan, and let one outlier cousin call the shots :argh::no:
They ruined it for themselves!
You're there for the couple getting married it's really not a time to demand your way, whatever it is. If they felt that strongly they really should not have accepted.

I went back and read some of it on Reddit. Lotsa of interesting opinions.
Yeah the militant vegan cousin was inappropriate, but it was the couple's decision to have a vegan table and I don't think it was a bad idea. Personally I wouldn't mind (might even like) being seated with a bunch of other vegans. We could swap stories and stuff.
I don't know if anyone at the vegan table really had that big of an issue, I think it was people on Reddit who took offense on their part.

Reactions: Emma JC
I went back and read some of it on Reddit. Lotsa of interesting opinions.
Yeah the militant vegan cousin was inappropriate, but it was the couple's decision to have a vegan table and I don't think it was a bad idea. Personally I wouldn't mind (might even like) being seated with a bunch of other vegans. We could swap stories and stuff.
I don't know if anyone at the vegan table really had that big of an issue, I think it was people on Reddit who took offense on their part.
The militant vegan would have ruined it for me. It is the couples decision, but i'm always amazed by how far newlyweds go to try and accomodate everyone! It's as if they were hosting an appreciation celebration rather than themselves.
If I wasn't already close to the other vegans i would not want to have the meal with them, but with my family and friends. Seems super ackward! Like why would you chose somebodies wedding to have a vegan meet up

• Disagree
Reactions: vegan89
Well, I guess it may depend on how you value your family. And if the ppl at the wedding are my relatives or future relatives, I should meet them, too

this article was front and center on CNN.com the other day

I think it is well presented and balanced and I am sure it is Dean trolling for more recruits to his programs and that's okay with me.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Lou