Plant Based/Vegan News

NYC Gardener

Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegetarian
That was a good sentence! The article did have its good points.

I have a lot of carnivore-leaning friends. Many tend to be curious about veganism yet also skeptical. I've had decades' worth of conversations about the topics covered in the article. So I tend to think in terms of what is enlightening versus what tends to just antagonize people. Usually, it helps to let the facts make your argument for you. The more in-your-face approach is great for a vegan and vegan-curious audience, but if you use that style with meat eaters, you need to support it with the right kind of substance.

That's just my take on it!

• 👍
Reactions: Val and Lou

Lou

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
There is a lot of stuff going on in my own life and in the world that could skew my perception, so take my conclusion with a grain of salt.

--------
anyway that line, " — only around half of Americans say they are trying to reduce their meat consumption."
I was not aware that it might be around half. It doesn't surprise me but this might have been the first time I saw it in print. And with a reference!
And the reference actually says,
  • 54% of US adults say they are “currently trying to consume fewer animal-based foods (meat, dairy, and/or eggs) and more plant-based foods (fruits, grains, beans, and/or vegetables).”

That's more than half! Granted, "trying" and "fewer" may not mean all that much but .... still.

One of the other results was also very heartening.
  • 49% of US adults support a ban on factory farming, 47% support a ban on slaughterhouses, and 33% support a ban on animal farming. * The support for the latter two exceeded even researcher expectations.
Although the next two results were disheartening. But they showed that perhaps with more education we could change that.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is something I have been saying for years. We are approaching the tipping point.

--------

* I wonder where these adults think they will be getting their whoppers and nuggets without factory farming, slaughterhouses, and animal farming. I have a feeling they didn't' think this question thru. But then again these are the same idiots who thought "they usually buy animal products 'from animals that are treated humanely,”

NYC Gardener

Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegetarian
Hmm! So the linked study used Ipsos to collect their data.

They seem to offer paid surveys - people register and fill out surveys in exchange for gift cards and such, though at a glance, I gather that they may collect data in other ways as well.

Those numbers seem really high to me and I have to wonder if the sample is representative of the US population or not. And what other variables could be at play.

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Other
  • 😲
Reactions: silva

silva

Master
Supporter
Reaction score
Love Snoop Dogg, and even Dunkin' which he's advertising for Beyond, is now offering oat milk creamer

silva

Master
Supporter
Reaction score
Love Snoop Dogg, and even Dunkin' which he's advertising for Beyond, is now offering oat milk creamer! I just hope it doesn't cost more o_O

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anthony0123456 Why are You Vegan-Plant Based V Love of Animals? General 14
Lou News Plant-based vs. vegan General 2
silva Distinction between Plant Based and Vegan Philosophy 32
Forest Nymph 9 Yr Old Vegan Challenges Donald Trump to Go Plant Based General 7
Lou Plant Based News: Vegan 2019 General 5
D New Vegan working towards Plant Based Transitioning 7
Whoa182 Hi all! :) 16 years mostly plant-based, over 7 years vegan Introduce Yourself 21
Andy_T UK Michelin-trained Vegan Chef Plans To Revolutionise Plant-Based Fine Dining General 0
P What's in a name? vegan vs. plant-based General 23
Emma JC Service Singles site can specify vegan, vegetarian, plant-based, raw etc Marketplace 0
J Plant based food-box Products 5
thinman Predominantly Plant-Based Transitioning 2
J A survey about plant-based diets Transitioning 2
David3 CA KFC-Adds plant-based 'Chik'n' as a permanent menu item General 10
David3 United Nations officially promotes plant-based diets General 4
J Plant-Based Nutrition for Kids Products 1
Lou More People Going Mostly Plant-Based-Climate Benefits General 2
S Survey on plant-based, real, convenient Foods Products 2
lorenzoF92 App for whole-food, plant-based recipes General 1
M Plant-based Diet General 2
David3 United Nations promotes strongly plant-based diet Health & Body 1
Lou News Plant-Based Butter Is Taking Over The Dairy Aisle Food & Drink 15
Lou News Nutrition Expert-A Plant-Based Diet Could Save Your Life General 8
T Book-Trying Plant Based Food Marketplace 0
M I am just going to stay plant based Support 6
Lou News Plant-based Egg Sales Soar. Food & Drink 3
M Product homemade plant based milk Marketplace 0
David3 KFC Plant-Based "chicken" update General 3
Amy SF US El Pollo Loco adds plant-based options to their menu Food & Drink 1
Nekodaiden US Significant changes-split from"Why men are afraid of plant based meat" General 27
David3 News McDonalds Canada serving plant-based burgers General 1
Sax Why men are afraid of plant based meat General 5
Emma JC News Man with diabetes loses weight,after adopting plant-based diet General 10
M Los Angeles plant-based restaurants Food & Drink 1
B How cheap is a plant based diet Transitioning 6
Vegan News Pedigree Food & Wiskas(Cats)Makers Developing Plant Based Pet Foods General 1
H Product The Plant Based Recipe Cookbook-150 Recipes Marketplace 0
R measurable health benefits of 100% plant based diet vs 90-95%? Health & Body 5
B Low fat plant based and nuts/seeds Transitioning 7
Lou Plant-based meats-Who will make the next product and what will it be called? Lounge 3
Veginout Product Plant Based Healthy Recipes Marketplace 0
O Product Award-Winning Plant-Based Desserts -Crowdfunding. Marketplace 0
JessikaM Plant Based Diets Can Feed More People Than Animal Based Diets? General 4
Veginout Plant based Soups 2 - Cozy Soups for Your Soul Marketplace 0
I Best Plant Based Supplement Marketplace 7
L Plant-Based Protein Supplement Health & Body 2
Lou Chipotle Brands Plant-Based Meat Too Processed - Beyond Meat Responds Food & Drink 1
T US 9 Reasons Why Plant-Based Meat Is the Food of the Future General 1
Whoa182 Plant-based milks on the rise: A quarter of Britons are drinking them General 9
M Plant based for 3 months - Blood pressure 150/83 Health & Body 8