News Plant Based/Vegan

Reactions: PTree15
The “most realistic” plant-based steak to date has been revealed, mimicking the texture and appearance of a real cut of meat.
The fake steak’s ingredients include pea, seaweed and beetroot juice, which are extruded into
fine fibres to recreate muscle tissue. Its producer, the Spanish company Novameat, says the steak will be available in some restaurants
in Spain and Italy this year before scaling up in 2021.

Reactions: bEt and Emma JC
  • Love
Reactions: Lou and EllieW
I read about this in other sources and I just checked out One Green Planet's article.

I haven't seen but would like to see someone draw the line (connect the dots) between diet and deforestation. One of the biggest causes of deforestation in developing countries is to clear land for farmland - to grow feed for livestock.

Where is Kip Anderson?

Reactions: Emma JC
This may be The Problem with Big Food buying up all the Plant Based Food companies. Even the corporations won't lobby to end animal based subsidies.

Vegans frequently say something like when you value your taste buds over the life of an animal. How about you stop eating meat or learn to breath underwater. :)

Reactions: EllieW
I'm so tired of these companies doing tests of vegan products. They should know by now that they will sell. Also, how can you really gauge how something sells if you only sell it in one store on a remote island in the Bermuda triangle? LOL Hershey now makes Oatmade plant based chocolate bars, HOWEVER, does anyone know about them? Hardly, as they do not advertise it at all. You can't even find it on their website or facebook. Good luck finding them, as they are only at select Targets. Now tell me how that is a good way to test market something?