News Plant Based/Vegan

This is really big news! Perhaps the national Dairy board wasn't too concerned up until now!

With the demand for oat drinks continuing to rise, this factory is set to produce 300 million litres of oat drink per year at launch, with the capacity to grow to 450 million litres – making it one of the largest plant-based dairy factories in the world. The idea is that this increased capacity offers consumers the chance to make purchasing choices which are beneficial to the climate; according to climate footprint data, Oatly Barista Edition sold in the UK generates about 70% less CO2e than British cow’s milk.

1619250568010.png

Great news as all of their plant based products sell like hotcakes!

1619373817113.png

• Wow
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
  • Informative
Reactions: Lou and shyvas
Beyond is updating/upgrading? their burger to make it taste more like a beef burger.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I can't find out much about this. They are taking out the mung beans which I had thought was the secret ingredient. I can't find out what they are replacing it with.

Its also supposed to be more nutritious with less fat and calories and more vitamins and minerals.

Reactions: Emma JC
From the horses mouth

an interesting admission: Epicurious stopped including beef almost a year ago.

best line:
Epi’s agenda is the same as it has always been: to inspire home cooks to be better, smarter, and happier in the kitchen. The only change is that we now believe that part of getting better means cooking with the planet in mind. If we don’t, we’ll end up with no planet at all.

• Friendly
Trader Joe's has a decent almond milk chocolate bar.
I buy a bar whenever I'm there. Fortunately I also like dark chocolate so I've been always been able to go the supermarket and buy chocolate.

Whole Foods has a bunch of P-B seafood. Its from a company called Good Catch. I haven't tried it yet.
Whole Foods is a little bit out of the way for me but I just learned that with Amazon Prime I can get free deliveries. I should make up a list.

• Friendly

123V’s breakfast menu includes classics such as smashed avocado on toast, granola, and pancakes, alongside croissants, juice, and coffee.

Lunch features several snacks (including the customer favorite, chickpea fries), along with salads, three different broth bowls (red yuzu, huli-huli jackfruit, and smoked tofu), burgers, quesadillas, and desserts.

Lunchtime specials are also offered, including a Warm Pink Fir Potato Salad, Black Quinoa & Green Asparagus, and an oat milk sponge with dark chocolate ice cream. Customers can order two courses for £22 or three for £26.

• Informative
Reactions: Lou
I tried this today, in the United States. It was cookie-dough ice cream, made from oat milk. It has little chocolate flakes in it.

Ice cream made with oat milk has a creamy consistency and tastes great. Oatly do a range of delicious ice creams including strawberry flavour.

Great that some reputable ice cream brands are offering plant based ones.

Reactions: Emma JC and David3