Plant-Based Frozen Foods are on the rise

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
The article starts off that flash freezing fruits and vegetables is good. TV dinners are bad.
but it then points out some good trends in the frozen food aisle with more vegan, organic, and nutritious options.

There is some good info in the article but probably nothing you didn't already know. Althought I take issue with the author's statement that Amy's makes a lot of vegan dishes.

Overall, I liked the author's perspective.

For those of you who want to skip to the end.

Plant-based startups and old standbys alike are putting options onto the fast-growing frozen food market that are changing the character of the category. No longer is frozen food confined to its reputation as a convenient but overall unhealthy and unnatural product. Shelves are now stocked with meals, sides, and snacks that balance the health and environmental concerns of modern consumers with their busy schedules and need for quick, easy options. At a time when we’re all overworked and stressed, a quick and wholesome dinner might be exactly what we need.​

Reactions: Emma JC
There are a lot of frozen ready meals nowadays that are more nutritious than what they use to be, not only the new trend in vegetarian and vegan but one's that included meat and dairy. My observance is a lot of the vegetarian meals are bought by young women, I always see them hang around the fresh salad packs.

• Agree
Reactions: Mufflon
Indian grocers have some good vegan frozen foods at good prices. Babus Kitches. Tasty Bites, Udupi, as well as the shelf stable pouchs, just heat and eat like MTR

Reactions: Emma JC
Most supermarkets here have Indian ready meals, frozen or in a pouch. I buy them all the time. Some contain dairy some are vegan.

I was at Costco yesterday and picked up a box of frozen Acai bowls I saw from “Tattooed Chef”. They look new as I haven’t seen them before, but there was a few different vegan and vegetarian food options from them. I picked up the bowls as a snack for myself and my kids we all loved them (hard to find things they will continue to enjoy). Just have to thaw and eat, sooo easy with the kiddos.. Next time I’ll try to chop up some fresh bananas and add it. Hopefully their other stuff is just as good. I went to their website they also have a bunch of other different items I didn’t see at Costco but looks like you can order from their site pretty soon.

83C36DB8-599A-49FD-9672-A6EC37A85E4E.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Lou