US Plant-Based Diets Effective for Type 2 Diabetes - American Diabetes Association

Editorialist

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Plant-Based Diets Effective for Type 2 Diabetes, Says American Diabetes Association

In its 2018 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes, the American Diabetes Association maintains that a plant-based eating pattern is an effective option for type 2 diabetes management and encourages clinicians to always include education on lifestyle management. For more on plant-based diets for diabetes, please visit Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine: PCRM.org/diabetes

Reactions: Second Summer
They should stop calling it just an "option" and start making it the top recommendation instead of trying to sell drugs for big pharma.

They should stop calling it just an "option" and start making it the top recommendation instead of trying to sell drugs for big pharma.

They try to do that, but people are very tied into their food preferences.

After my ex had a (minor) heart attack, his cardiologist wanted me to come to an appointment. He started telling me what foods my ex should and should not be eating, and I told him that I was quite aware and was vegan. The doctor turned to my ex and said, "If you start eating like your wife, you won't have to take any medications." My ex replied, "I'll take the pills."

That's the norm, not the exception.

Reactions: David3
They try to do that, but people are very tied into their food preferences.

After my ex had a (minor) heart attack, his cardiologist wanted me to come to an appointment. He started telling me what foods my ex should and should not be eating, and I told him that I was quite aware and was vegan. The doctor turned to my ex and said, "If you start eating like your wife, you won't have to take any medications." My ex replied, "I'll take the pills."

That's the norm, not the exception.

That's so sad to me and I know this is normal. Why, as humans, we want shortcuts when the best we can get out of this life comes without shortcuts I will never understand.

Reactions: Second Summer