Plant Based Diets Can Feed More People Than Animal Based Diets?

Should we strike more to gain extra attention to the vegan movement??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JessikaM

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Why aren't there global strikes for this??? I want to see strikes similar to Fridays For Future, but for Ending Global Hunger also. Strikes for a plant based diet to be adopted in oder to support the end of hunger in the world. What do y'all think??

• Friendly
Reactions: Forest Nymph
All for the strike, but am truly wondering if anyone will notice the five of us sitting somewhere and protesting....
(On the other hand, Greta also started out alone)

Reactions: Lou
That is exactly how i feel. I'm 22 and I know that if she can do all that from how she started, why can't we? and i say we because of how easily it is to group together through social media. Most of the friday strikers would have the same views and join the wednesday's strikes as well, if they are able to. And I, and other Wednesday strikers could strike Friday too, for the climate. World Hunger strikes on Wednesdays and Climate Change strikes on Fridays. The attention she gained for the movement would be doubled. Greta has shown that we are not limited as individuals to stand up and make a huge difference. And I am in the position of needing to see radical change in the world, I just had a baby and greta has inspired me but also kind of struck a little fear in me too, in concerns for the future our kids have to grow up in.

I am not sure how much influence one can have as an individual wishing to promote global actions. Greta succeeded because she was a marketed image - that is, there was a lot of work behind the scenes to ensure her visibility. Without that kind of backing it could be hard to get a sizable action happening. Especially for something like veganism which is often perceived as a threat and not a solution.