News Plane Crash at LaGuardia

Laguardia is one scary airport to land at. I used to fly from there when I lived in Connecticut, and whew! some of the pilots would be slamming on the brakes! Very short runways and then water. :O

Reactions: KLS52
I feel terrible about being annoyed that they have preempted all regular programming on my local channels. I am very happy that there are no serious injuries. I just don't think this warrants three hours of rehashing and speculation as to what went wrong.

Makes me wish I were at work and not home with a bad cold. Might explain my grumpy mood and lack of interest.

It's crazy where the plane stopped, though. [emoji33]

Reactions: ledboots
I feel terrible about being annoyed that they have preempted all regular programming on my local channels. I am very happy that there are no serious injuries. I just don't think this warrants three hours of rehashing and speculation as to what went wrong.

Makes me wish I were at work and not home with a bad cold. Might explain my grumpy mood and lack of interest.

It's crazy where the plane stopped, though. [emoji33]
My sister in law's father is an ex-pilot for American Airlines and said many pilots hate landing the big jets there. He learned to fly in the Canadian navy landing fighter jets on aircraft carriers, so he liked the hotdogging it into LaGuardia.

Reactions: KLS52
My sister in law's father is an ex-pilot for American Airlines and said many pilots hate landing the big jets there. He learned to fly in the Canadian navy landing fighter jets on aircraft carriers, so he liked the hotdogging it into LaGuardia.

It used to be the same thing for landing at Hong Kong before they built the new airport and apparently pilots had to have a special
licence !

Reactions: ledboots