Placebo Effect?

Qwaychou

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
So, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right subforum, but here goes.
For the last few weeks, ive been very sick, exhasted, diarrhea, nausea. But, since I started eating vegan, ive felt great? Its only been a week! No "detox", no weakness, better sleep, no more diarrhea, more energy.
It has not been that long. Could it just be a placebo effect?

Reactions: Lou
It could be placebo or it could be that you had the flu and it is over? 🤪

Whether it is your new lifestyle, placebo or flu-be-gone I am happy you are feeling well!!

Emma JC

Reactions: Qwaychou
So, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right subforum, but here goes.
For the last few weeks, ive been very sick, exhasted, diarrhea, nausea. But, since I started eating vegan, ive felt great? Its only been a week! No "detox", no weakness, better sleep, no more diarrhea, more energy.
It has not been that long. Could it just be a placebo effect?

First off I'm pretty sure this is the right forum for this question.

And I think it is a good question and one that has been on my mind for a couple of days.

It seems lately (or maybe it's I'm just noticing), that people come here and say they have been Vegan of 3 days (or some other short time) and feel great or feel awful.

I don't have any personal experience with overnight transitions but from what I have read, it doesn't work that way.

Lately, I have been wondering if some of them are trolls. Some of these show up, post a msg and are gone.

I kind of suspect that the majority can be explained by your suggestion of the placebo effect or @Emma JC suggestion that it something like the flu. although I never thought of the flu as a "mysterious illness".

I'm not entirely sure if detox is a real thing or that it is something that happens when transitioning.

But one vegan author ( I can't remember which one) said something that resonates with me. it's not vegan food making you feel good, it was all the crap you ate before that was making you feel bad. And you just forgot what it was like not to feel bad.

But one vegan author ( I can't remember which one) said something that resonates with me. it's not vegan food making you feel good, it was all the crap you ate before that was making you feel bad. And you just forgot what it was like not to feel bad.
I really like this!

Reactions: Emma JC