Animal Advocacy Pig Farmer Turns to Animal Rights

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I love hearing things like this. It's always hopeful to hear that people can change.

...Before his change of heart, Lo said that he had been a profit-driven pig farmer who inherited his family’s large-scale, lucrative farming business from his grandfather.
Lo said that at the business’ peak, his farm could accommodate 500 pigs and raked in substantial revenue that was far more than he could spend.
Recalling the moment that transformed him from a moneymaking pig farmer to a vegetarian who regarded his farm animals as close companions, Lo said it was a piglet that was about to be butchered that changed his perception of pig farming...
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2012/07/07/2003537184

From the article

“Except for one piglet, which abruptly quieted down when I took it in my hands and then it looked me right in the eyes, as if saying: ‘How could you do this to me?’ That look in its eyes shattered me and kept me awake all night,” Lo said.

“It was then that I resolved to convert to vegetarianism and cut off cooperation with any butcheries,” he said.

Beautiful story. We all know this sort of thing happens over and over,but here's one man took the time to stop and think.