Picture upload issue

beancounter

The Fire That Burns Within
Reaction score
I just tried to upload an image with an apc.jpeg extention (.jfif), and I received an error message saying that the file doesn't have the allowed extention.

I thought that file type was pretty standard. What kind of image files can I upload?

Reactions: Emma JC
yes, I tried to link an image yesterday to a URL, of the image, and a big red X came up instead

Emma JC

Try changing the extension to jpg instead. I doubt the forum software is aware of the lesser used extensions.

I just tried to upload an image with an apc.jpeg extention (.jfif), and I received an error message saying that the file doesn't have the allowed extention.

I thought that file type was pretty standard. What kind of image files can I upload?
The .jfif file extension wasn't in the list of allowed extensions, but I've added it now, so please feel free to try again - you may have to refresh the page first.

The list of allowed extensions is now:
zip
txt
pdf
png
jpg
jpeg
jpe
gif
doc
docx
jfif

Reactions: beancounter
yes, I tried to link an image yesterday to a URL, of the image, and a big red X came up instead

Emma JC
Some sites don't allow their images to be "hot linked" from other sites, so it could be a result of that. Or it could be some other problem - hard to say without looking at the actual image. Do you still have the URL? Happy to have a look, if so.

NF-Assorted-cupcake-4-pack-2.jpg

the picture shows up when I am doing the post and then when I hit post reply, the above is what happens

Emma JC