Psychology "Personality Profiles" to explain how you behave - possible relation to veganism and vegatarianism?

If you did the test, which "Quadrant" is your personality likely assigned to?

• "Analysts" - INTJ/INTP/ENTJ/ENTP

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • "Diplomats" - INFJ/INFP/ENFJ/ENFP

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • "Sentinels" - ISTJ/ISFJ/ESTJ/ESFJ

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • "Explorers" - ISTP/ISFP/ESTP/ESFP

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Andy_T

Little green mod
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Allow me to share something with you that I personally find very interesting.

Last week, I participated in my workplace in a leadership training that I regard as one of the best I have attended so far in my roughly 25-year work life.

One very interesting part of that was to find out what kind of “personality” the participants are – how we interact with others, what is our approach to problem solving, what motivates us, which aspects of leadership we find challenging and what comes to us easily. This was done with a test called “Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator (MBTI)” that is based on C.G. Jung’s psychological theory.

To make a long story short – I was impressed by the results and found them quite compelling. Ironically, the result was that my personality might actually be the exact opposite of the personality that my company would typically be regarding as most attractive for my job.

However, it got me thinking that this “personality type” also explains (to me) why it would make more sense to me to become vegan than to continue to use animals.

So … if any of you are interested to take a similar test and find out more about who and what you are (likely), the moderator who led the workshop shared with us a website where you can take such a test free of charge.

What I would find interesting is, if any of you would take that test, and share the result you achieved, whether the result would be that – as in most things – we vegans (and vegetarians) are a heterogeneous lot with few things in common, or if there was some kind of statistical relevance that some orientations might be more common among vegans and vegetarians than others.

Mind you, it is clear to me that with the limited number of people in this forum, there is little likelihood that those who are interested in taking such a test amount to anything approaching statistical relevance, but possibly some of you find it interesting :)

So if you are interested in taking this test, take a look here (mind you, this test takes about 15 minutes):

If you want to share your responses, I have added a poll to the thread. Unfortunately the forum only allows for 12 answers, so I could not give all 16 different possibilities to select from.

Best regards,
Andy

BTW, there are actually already some discussions on this subject …

Here: Common personality types that go vegan? • /r/vegan
And this for a slightly more humorous take on the subject...;)

Last edited:
The "Personality Type" that I was quite strongly associated with, both in the single-choice-questionnaire that we went through in the training, and also in the online test was "INFP - Mediator", which is - on the website and in other ressources illustrated by either a friendly girl running over a meadow with a flower in hand and chasing butterflies, or a rainbow on the horizon.

This is what got me thinking about this as a possible link to my veganism :???:.

And the other link actually intensified that feeling :
The dreamy cry-babies of MBTI said:
“I’ll make everybody veggie sandwiches! I can make an average of 267 vegan sammies a week!”

Last edited:
Reactions: Freesia
ESFJ - Consul

"At their hearts, ESFJ personalities are social creatures, and thrive on staying up to date with what their friends are doing."

That's probably a pretty fair description of me.

Reactions: Freesia and Andy_T
ISFJ The Defender.
Introvert Sensing Feeling Judging

"As an ISFJ, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you takes things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion. Your secondary mode is external, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit into your personal value system.

ISFJs live in a world that is concrete and kind. They are truly warm and kind-hearted, and want to believe the best of people. They value harmony and cooperation, and are likely to be very sensitive to other people's feelings. People value the ISFJ for their consideration and awareness, and their ability to bring out the best in others by their firm desire to believe the best."

Probably exaggerated but I'll take it, ha.

Reactions: Freesia and Andy_T
So, as I was thinking, all kinds of vegan and vegetarian personalities here.

(However, still waiting for the first "Analysts")

Nevertheless, so far it seems there are more "F"eelers than "T"hinkers here (which makes sense to me)...

Reactions: Freesia and KLS52
Yes, I would think vegetarians and vegans would be more feeling types.

On one hand I think it is like reading a horoscope as you can identify with certain traits :D but then I would think there is some truth to the test. I get INFJ and occasionally INTJ.

When I'm not on VV I hang around personal finance forums (like a geek) and they have done the Myers-Briggs test to see what most people on there are and there are always a huge majority of INTJ people on there. I think it's a certain way some people think and plan to get that INTJ personality result.
I definitely do not like spontaneity, I like everything to be ordered and routine. :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: Freesia
I am an ENFP:

ENFP Personality (“The Campaigner”) | 16Personalities

The ENFP personality is a true free spirit. They are often the life of the party, but unlike Explorers, they are less interested in the sheer excitement and pleasure of the moment than they are in enjoying the social and emotional connections they make with others. Charming, independent, energetic and compassionate, 7% of the population .

I dont know if I am the life of the party- unless I have been drinking, and then, yes I am...

Reactions: KLS52
Re vegetarianism... I like to spend time with animals, they are a lot of fun, so I guess that leads to feeling that animals are as good as people and deserve to be treated well.

Reactions: KLS52
Re finances which people are talking about... I sort of veer to extremes with finances, and often beyond basics I spend absolutely nothing, because it makes life less complicated not to have certain things.

I dont like to think about money because I dont like dealing with numbers and I dont like to count, so I tend to pretend money doesnt exist, and this is often not a good thing. I have so little money at the moment anyway that it just makes me feel worse to think about it.

I really dont understand that muppet, The Count, who sits there counting. WTF, who would do that with their time?

Last edited:
Cool... though I kind of think you strike me as more of an INTJ than an ISTJ, not sure why... or maybe you are somewhere in the middle. Still, it is pretty opposite.. :) .