Psychology "Personality Profiles" to explain how you behave - possible relation to veganism and vegatarianism?

If you did the test, which "Quadrant" is your personality likely assigned to?

• "Analysts" - INTJ/INTP/ENTJ/ENTP

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • "Diplomats" - INFJ/INFP/ENFJ/ENFP

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • "Sentinels" - ISTJ/ISFJ/ESTJ/ESFJ

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • "Explorers" - ISTP/ISFP/ESTP/ESFP

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
So, as I was thinking, all kinds of vegan and vegetarian personalities here.

(However, still waiting for the first "Analysts")

Nevertheless, so far it seems there are more "F"eelers than "T"hinkers here (which makes sense to me)...

INTJ (ENTJ) representing! I took Myers/Briggs some time ago and was pegged as INTJ, but there was a bit of E in me too. I believed that much- I'm an ambivert: I like people but sometimes find them frustrating or exhausting to deal with, and then I take refuge in my cave.

Much of the descriptions of an INTJ or ENTJ I've read, I found offputting: too antisocial, too hard-butted. Some of the qualities I find kind of neat, though. But yeah- NTs are reputed not to be very animal/veg friendly either.

Reactions: Andy_T and Freesia
INTJ (ENTJ) representing! I took Myers/Briggs some time ago and was pegged as INTJ, but there was a bit of E in me too. I believed that much- I'm an ambivert: I like people but sometimes find them frustrating or exhausting to deal with, and then I take refuge in my cave.

Much of the descriptions of an INTJ or ENTJ I've read, I found offputting: too antisocial, too hard-butted. Some of the qualities I find kind of neat, though. But yeah- NTs are reputed not to be very animal/veg friendly either.

Ive found some NTs to like animals a lot, especially cats... it depends on the person really... I do think there are always more feelers in the veg population for some reason though.

ISTP Personality (“The Virtuoso”)

what it said seems to match me. I suppose I missed my calling, what ever that might have been...artist, engineer.

That is very interesting. The ISTP is a very individualistic person and very creative.

Reactions: Andy_T
I always get different results when I do these tests. This time I'm INFP.

I generally get the same result, though when I did the Facebook app test, it insisted I was an INFP... the app seemed angry when I argued with it, that I wasnt INFP.

I always get different results when I do these tests. This time I'm INFP.
I do, too. This time I got:

Personality: ISFJ ("The Defender")
Variant: Assertive
Role: Sentinel

I found it interesting that I got Introvert rather than Extravert, as I usually get the latter. I think it might have to do with my regular need for what I call "cocoon" weekends, usually after people have annoyed me to the point of frustration (usually work colleagues, lol!). I like to just hang out at home alone and not talk to anyone for a couple of days.

"The ISFJ personality type is quite unique, as many of their qualities defy the definition of their individual traits. Though possessing the Feeling (F) trait, ISFJs have excellent analytical abilities; though Introverted (I), they have well-developed people skills and robust social relationships; and though they are a Judging (J) type, ISFJs are often receptive to change and new ideas. As with so many things, people with the ISFJ personality type are more than the sum of their parts, and it is the way they use these strengths that defines who they are."

"Naturally social, an odd quality for Introverts, ISFJs utilize excellent memories not to retain data and trivia, but to remember people, and details about their lives."

Reactions: Tom L.
Of course, one of the criticisms of the model is that all personality descriptions are super positive.

Everybody you meet out there is a potential artist, lawyer, diplomat or architect. There is no lazy bum or taxi driver (not to disparage taxi drivers, of course) personality foreseen, although you might encounter those in reality ;-)

Reactions: PTree15
I think it is more about how the mind functions. And it is a myth that introverts are all antisocial and extroverts are all social. Actually some extroverts, such as ESTJ, spend a lot of time engaged in tasks,, and some introverts such as INFP, are hyper social, though they also like their alone time to dream.

ENFPs dont present very extroverted, not as much as it says in the books anyway. Actually ENFPs are kind of geeky and can tend to spend hours with hobbies. But their energy is directed outwards, and they have a large tolerance for social contact.

Of course, one of the criticisms of the model is that all personality descriptions are super positive.

Everybody you meet out there is a potential artist, lawyer, diplomat or architect. There is no lazy bum or taxi driver (not to disparage taxi drivers, of course) personality foreseen, although you might encounter those in reality ;-)

Lol, this. That is why I don't take the test particularly seriously. I sound like the most special snowflake from the description of INFJ. :D It's fun to do the test though. I don't know what to make of the list of famous INFJ people. Mel Gibson!

INFJ Personality (“The Advocate”)

The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats (NF), they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

Famous INFJs include:

Martin Luther King
Nelson Mandela
Mother Teresa
Nicole Kidman
Jimmy Carter
Mel Gibson
Goethe
“James Wilson” from House M.D.

Reactions: Andy_T and Freesia
Ive always suspected Colin Firth to be an ISTP, or maybe an ISFP. He is having a bath on my TV screen right now.

I have also mentioned, I think, that he has the same birthday as me.

Reactions: PTree15
I am not sure if actors are good examples ... after all, if they are good, then they act the role written for them....
It is seldom that you get to really know the "private" side of an actor.

I've just been down the garage, and bought a samosa, so yes I am an explorer. Never had a samosa from the before.

KerryAdventurer_large.jpg

INTJ. ("Analyst.") Lacto-ovo vegetarian.

I really don't see the supposed connection between the personality type and veg*nism, unless this is just total speculation.

I really don't see the supposed connection between the personality type and veg*nism

Well, my thinking was, if you are more compassionate, is it possible that you would care for animals more and go vegan?
(e.g. if you were "F", and not "T", would you easier be able to lay off the eggs, cheese and milk ;) ? )

I dont know if Fs are necessarily more compassionate than Ts. Perhaps they are more emotional though in many ways.